Wow, I can't believe it's almost the end of another week. Time has not afforded me the luxury of being able to catch up with anything because, there is just simply not enough time.


Keely flew home on Sunday (yah, almost a week ago!) and it was right back into working for me. Because we moved when she was here, into our STELLAR new pad -- with deluxe ocean views -- it felt strange to have the place all to ourselves. It almost felt like "moving" or I guess, "adjusting", all over again. We have these two windows that basically cradle the corner of our home, that look onto the ocean and it's where I've placed my table/desk w/ the laptop for now. I can smell the ocean from where I sit, and boy, I tell ya, I wouldn't want to have it any other way right now.


I started the today running: the beach towards Oceanside and back. I didn't spend a long time, but I did come away with somthing, that I sort of pondered the rest of the day. I realized that God had, and has, allowed us to experience the best. When I look back at how we even found this place, how much I have loved and savoured almost every minute of living here, and then, to be moved to basically, one of the best (if not the best) suite in our complex (before they tear it down to build condos, which incidentally, we don't know when that's going to happen) I find myself just in awe at how much God shows His awesome Love to us.


And the really crazy thing is, we totally don't deserve it. And stranger still, there is nothing we can do to deserve it.


I was listening on the way home from work to this Hispanic preacher talk about that very thing. How so often we get wrapped up in "doing" and "showing that we're doing" stuff to please God, to "work for the Kingdom" when in reality, it's alot of self righteousness, and we're basically trying to save ourselves. (By trying to be righteous, when there is no way that we can fulfill that committment)


The Biblical reality, the preacher was saying, is that "Whosoever confesses with his mouth and believes in his heart that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, dieing for our sins, is saved" by Grace.


By Grace Alone


Isn't that a powerful thought, when you really just let it sit. All the singing, all the serving, all the "doing" for the Kingdom will not buy or convenience your way to Heaven.


It's the simple faith like a child, believing that God is exactly who he said He is, and He came to Us, so that we may turn to Him.


I was awed and purplexed, and floored by that reality and I am still trying to get it to sink in. This world is such a place that allows us so easily to crowd our minds with every thing to get our hearts off of our creator, and reality. I feel like today I just want to dive into His goodness and love and not come up for air, and then realize that it was there that I can truly breathe.

------

Ok, sliding back into the update part of the blog. We jammed with the band this Wed. and we're going for our "official" photo shoot on Monday. (I am actually excited about this!!) We also have tentatively re-booked (lets cross our fingers now) our show at the Royal Dive for Sept. 19th. It's going to be crazy, as we're planning to record some material next weekend too (yah, life is not boreing). It's an exciting time that I really need to enjoy, because quite honestly I've been so busy with working and working (did I mention working) that I haven't enjoyed for a long while. I'm getting tired, and burnt and joy is something that is hard for me to reach right now.


I'd like to.


Till Next Blog. ~ a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010