Hope and Beyond
There has been a lot of emotion for me the last couple days ~ it's hard to describe to someone who doesn't understand. After finding out that my dad that I've never known, is alive and has been looking for me, and after being found by a half sister -- worlds just are not the same. The very person who's lack of presence has had a mighty hand in shaping the person that I am, is now is this strange half-shadow that is almost within reach, but still not accessible. My heart wants to scream sometimes (a messy mixture of fear, frustration and joy) but I know that I need to give him the space that he needs. It's all so very messy this life, this love. God has been the only father's love I have known -- but as I believe that God is creating great healing and restoration to my dad's soul and mine as well. I described this way to a good friend of mine: It's like your life is this little house, with all these windows letting in light, and you know these w...
Comments