Nervous
So, it's about 7 hours till we hit the stage at the Royal Dive ... I'm sitting at my desk, in my little "unknown" cubical fighting the tingling of butterflies that are invading my stomach.
And it's funny because I had similar feelings two weeks ago, but for a COMPLETELY different reason. Two weeks ago, my mom was flying in the next day and I was all totally excited and nervous about her arrival, but it was a happy nervous.
And, this is a happy nervous too ... but I feel so jittery...I can't concentrate, I keep looking at the clock in the top right corner of my computer and watch the minutes tick by incredibly slowly...
Sooo slowly!
I feel really prepared for tonight though, infact at our usual practice on Wednesday I really came away with the concrete feeling that we couldn't possibly be more prepared than we are right now, for this show. It's our official Debut, I hope and pray that this is the beginning of something wonderful, big and something that this side of California cannot contain.
And I give it to God -- all the nerves, all the butterflies, and all the beauty that this music is -- I pray it is a fragrant offering -- no matter where the venue, that He would ultimately be pleased and raised up in our music. And also, that people would get it, and get what they need to hear, from it. (Whatever that is -- isn't that what music is about, a universal language that knows no boundries)
I'll let y'all know how the show goes!
Thanks for your prayers!!
love, a.
And it's funny because I had similar feelings two weeks ago, but for a COMPLETELY different reason. Two weeks ago, my mom was flying in the next day and I was all totally excited and nervous about her arrival, but it was a happy nervous.
And, this is a happy nervous too ... but I feel so jittery...I can't concentrate, I keep looking at the clock in the top right corner of my computer and watch the minutes tick by incredibly slowly...
Sooo slowly!
I feel really prepared for tonight though, infact at our usual practice on Wednesday I really came away with the concrete feeling that we couldn't possibly be more prepared than we are right now, for this show. It's our official Debut, I hope and pray that this is the beginning of something wonderful, big and something that this side of California cannot contain.
And I give it to God -- all the nerves, all the butterflies, and all the beauty that this music is -- I pray it is a fragrant offering -- no matter where the venue, that He would ultimately be pleased and raised up in our music. And also, that people would get it, and get what they need to hear, from it. (Whatever that is -- isn't that what music is about, a universal language that knows no boundries)
I'll let y'all know how the show goes!
Thanks for your prayers!!
love, a.
Comments