Happy American Turkey DAY!
Well, tomorrow is American Thanksgiving ... Jay has been super sick for the last 4 days, but we are supposed to be going to a friends house for dinner. It's crazy what a big deal it is down here ... I mean, I guess it does make sense it is "their" holiday (as one co-oworker informed me today!) so I am going with the flow. And even though it is an American thing ... I find myself (at this time) missing family, I guess that comes with the "holidays" ... which are in FULL swing down here now.
Work this (short) week has been CRAZY busy ... well, not CRAZY, just steady (which in JC terms is like hold the freakin' phone) it's nothing I can't handle ... though I "miss-slept" on my neck somehow last night and today I cannot move my head in two directions. (yah!) so, I've been in pain and dealing with business and been fighting the "feeling-fairy" all day. (It's amazing how when you are down physically, your mental condition just follows suit)
But through it all I AM so very thankful, afterall, two years ago we took the step of faith to come down here, and haven't looked back since. through all the ups and downs, everything has been worth it ... gee, I hope I can say that in another two years.
Some quick updates -- I broke down and bought a GOOD sewing machine from Costco the other day, because I found these crazy RAD pants at my consignment store (but 2 sizes too small) so I'm going to alter them in true "AMY" fashion ... (that's a nice way of saying they'll be imperfect, but I'm going to make them and love them!) It'll be my weekend project, inbetween all the work to be done on the freelance front.
And Jay's Dad and middle sister Jaci will be with us for 10 days (We just found out on Sunday) Jaci hasn't been down yet, so I think the ocean will do her good, and I'm looking forward to seeing her again.
Till next blog!
love, a.
Work this (short) week has been CRAZY busy ... well, not CRAZY, just steady (which in JC terms is like hold the freakin' phone) it's nothing I can't handle ... though I "miss-slept" on my neck somehow last night and today I cannot move my head in two directions. (yah!) so, I've been in pain and dealing with business and been fighting the "feeling-fairy" all day. (It's amazing how when you are down physically, your mental condition just follows suit)
But through it all I AM so very thankful, afterall, two years ago we took the step of faith to come down here, and haven't looked back since. through all the ups and downs, everything has been worth it ... gee, I hope I can say that in another two years.
Some quick updates -- I broke down and bought a GOOD sewing machine from Costco the other day, because I found these crazy RAD pants at my consignment store (but 2 sizes too small) so I'm going to alter them in true "AMY" fashion ... (that's a nice way of saying they'll be imperfect, but I'm going to make them and love them!) It'll be my weekend project, inbetween all the work to be done on the freelance front.
And Jay's Dad and middle sister Jaci will be with us for 10 days (We just found out on Sunday) Jaci hasn't been down yet, so I think the ocean will do her good, and I'm looking forward to seeing her again.
Till next blog!
love, a.
Comments
i often fight the 'feeling fairy.' the key thing is, you're fighting. (doesn't that remind you of Living Light News language? :)) anyway, i'm so proud of you sister. i hope your pants turn out awesome. i wish i could sew. have a very happy turkey day!!!! missing you from cold, cold canada. em.