It's Post 200!


Just like Television show's celebrate "milestone" episodes, I just noticed that this is blog post "200" It's also ALMOST our "2 Year Exodus Anniversary" coming Nov. 20th. So much has happened in two years -- I can only look back and be incredibly thankful


So, I guess it only seems fitting that I begin this post with some good news about our "complete-California-conversion". Behold -- our new car ... which I have apt'ly named "Foxy" for reason's you'll see in a moment. We purchased our new Subaru through some strokes of blessings and coincidences (which, let's face it, are really blessing's too) It's a long story and I won't go into details but it was meant to be.


I went to my first (and not last, BTW) food-photo-shoot with JC last Monday. (The photo studio up in Orange County where they have "food-stylists" that actually prepare Jenny meals and we'all take photos of it for packaging and Promotion ... very cool, it's amazing to watch people pick out "perfect peas" and fill soup bowls with mashed potatoes first so that they can arrange vegetables and soup atop a "false-bottomed-bowl") -- it was VERY cool, and I get to return to the studio this week too, to complete our food shots, I'm going to bring my camera this time and try to capture the fun, without giving away "corporate-secrets". (Not actually sure if they'll let me, but no harm in trying!)

My supervisor @ work is going in for surgery this week and will be away for a minimum 3 weeks (!!!) so, I'm going to be maning the JC CS (that's Creative Services) solo ... I'm a bit nervous, because through it all, I actually quite like my boss now, and we do need 2 people there to do all the work, so, I'm going to be busy -- but looking forward to the challenge ... and I really have no choice so I guess that is that!

We've got another show booked with the Band! Dec. 4th we'll be playing a rather swanky looking club in the Gaslamp District called "the Bitter End"; this is a good opportunity for us, since it's actually not just a show, but also an audition for their Talent Booker and a local Promoter that we've found through James (@ Jay's work). So, be thinking and praying for us, that this opportunity will be a good one, I'm not nervous yet, but prob. will get a bit "butterfly-ish" as the time approaches. But I can't help but feel very hopeful inside that this is a very GOOD thing, and a GOD thing. I believe He's giving us a door.

I think we may have found a church as well, we've attended 3 services so far, and it's actually only five minutes from our house. It's in an actual old church building, and it's not super big, but it "feels" good -- like God is there, and the pastor is wise and good at imitating people (important to Jay -- lol) but in all seriousness, it's the first place that I feel free to "get involved" and James (who jay works with and who is also the worship leader there) has asked us to be involved in the Christmas Eve services there, so we are, and that will be good.


This weekend has been incredibly warm, with Santa-Ana winds from the desert giving us all above seasonal temperatures borderlining 30 C at the beach, so that's mostly where I've been, soaking the sun and marvelling at the beauty that is all around, if you choose to look.

I think that's all the dish for now ... thanks for reading along, for Two Years! and also for giving us the blessing and support to let us go and "do our thing", follow our dreams, and find a better life here in Southern California ... We love you!

Till next blog! ~ a.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love you too!!
Anonymous said…
the bird picture rocks.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010