The Faces of Christmas
Well, seems that Christmas has come and gone for another year.
For me this year, two things highlight the season. This Christmas Eve we were a part of a Christmas Eve service at the church that we've been going to :Generation Church in Oceanside. We did 3 services and one "midnight mass" of sorts.
I got to play piano on one song (!!!) during the first three services, (and sang, of course) and Jay played electric. Then last service of the night, we gathered at 11:30 p.m. as the Winter rains sprinkled down on Southern California and sang and lit candles and truly worshiped God. A memory special to me, was the last song of the night, Silent Night, where everyone in the congregation lit candles and we sang the old classic acapella ... it was such a precious moment, I will not soon forget.
Christmas morning was totally chill, I made "Wifesaver" (thanks Momma H.!!) Jay and I opened gifts (Jay got a new hoodie and I got a great new easel that kicks my old easel's butt) and then I was preparing already for Christmas Dinner.
We hosted at our home, a small Dinner for some friends of ours who are "orphans by location" as we are. Our friends Wayne and Jen (from New York) and Gavin, who is from the same small town of Yakima WA as Jay's mom (he works with Jay at Buffalo Bros.) We had a roast (which I made, my first EVER, and yes, it WAS amazing) mashed potatoes and Jen made a most amazing veggie dish, and we played Cranium into the eve with many laughs, I actually think it was one of the funnest Christmases I have ever had.
So, with all the holiday's behind us (almost, with the exception of New Years) what does the future hold? Jay and I sat down this morning and wrote out some goals for ourselves, personal ones and ones that we'll achieve together (those are mostly financial at present) and some for the band.
All in all, I have enjoyed these last few days immensely, I've felt so cared for and blessed, I know that I always "know" this (in my head) but I've embraced it with my heart these last couple days; God really does love His children, he delights in our delights, he shares in our pain, and He is never far away from us.
I pray that you feel the promises of God this week in your heart.
Till Next Blog.
Comments