Life keeps flying by -- that's just the way it seems to be. And I suppose it doesn't get any better as we get older.
I've been "manning the fort" here @ JC CS for a week now ... so far so good, but I do miss my supervisor -- who is on medical leave until Dec. 15th. People everywhere seem to be going on holidays now, for Christmas already (can you believe it?) so the office is getting sparser and sparser. But I don't feel lonely, if anything it's nice to be able to pour myself exclusively into work here (though I have to say my freelance is beginning to suffer some) and it's not getting any better, because ...
Jaci (and Jay's dad) are here for 1o days!! Their trip was pretty short notice, for us and them, so I admit it did feel a bit weird yesterday, kind of like, anti-climactic meeting of sorts, but when we finally did show up at their hotel to say hi, I hugged Jac and I just didn't want to let go! It's so strange, with everything that has been going on and the prayers that I have breathed up to God about the whole situation. Today I was running along the beach in the morning and I realized that as I prayed, the person I was thinking of was right on MY COUCH! Not (seemingly) a million miles away! I didn't realize that my heart had missed her so much ... I have been praying that this trip would be so very healing for her, and unexpectedly, it's ministering to me too (in a strange, unanswerable, unexplainable God-Spirit type way)
I'll leave it at that, I'm probably starting to sound crazy.
I saw a seal this morning too, swimming in the ocean, pretty close to where I was, which is def. unusual, cause usually we don't really see to much of anything except birds or the occasional dolphin, it was so neat, watching his little black body swim and surf in/through the waves - like he was doing it just for fun ...
And -- we play our BIG show tonight (wow) we'll be going on late (11:00 pm) and prob. playing about 5-8 songs, depending on the room-vibe. The funny thing (for me) about this show is that we'll be giving our wears to a Talent Scout and a local Promoter, and until about 10 this morning I haven't even been nervous about it! Though I am starting to feel the butterflys once again ... In my heart I feel very prepared ... and that's all that I can ask, I've been praying alot about it too, that it would be a good opportunity, that the show itself would go well, that we would be protected, anointed and prepared ... and that's all I can pray for now too. I will def. let you know how things go!
Well, I need to be back to work now ... I feel very blessed today and peaceful -- I pray the same for you all =)
Till Next Blog ~ a.
I've been "manning the fort" here @ JC CS for a week now ... so far so good, but I do miss my supervisor -- who is on medical leave until Dec. 15th. People everywhere seem to be going on holidays now, for Christmas already (can you believe it?) so the office is getting sparser and sparser. But I don't feel lonely, if anything it's nice to be able to pour myself exclusively into work here (though I have to say my freelance is beginning to suffer some) and it's not getting any better, because ...
Jaci (and Jay's dad) are here for 1o days!! Their trip was pretty short notice, for us and them, so I admit it did feel a bit weird yesterday, kind of like, anti-climactic meeting of sorts, but when we finally did show up at their hotel to say hi, I hugged Jac and I just didn't want to let go! It's so strange, with everything that has been going on and the prayers that I have breathed up to God about the whole situation. Today I was running along the beach in the morning and I realized that as I prayed, the person I was thinking of was right on MY COUCH! Not (seemingly) a million miles away! I didn't realize that my heart had missed her so much ... I have been praying that this trip would be so very healing for her, and unexpectedly, it's ministering to me too (in a strange, unanswerable, unexplainable God-Spirit type way)
I'll leave it at that, I'm probably starting to sound crazy.
I saw a seal this morning too, swimming in the ocean, pretty close to where I was, which is def. unusual, cause usually we don't really see to much of anything except birds or the occasional dolphin, it was so neat, watching his little black body swim and surf in/through the waves - like he was doing it just for fun ...
And -- we play our BIG show tonight (wow) we'll be going on late (11:00 pm) and prob. playing about 5-8 songs, depending on the room-vibe. The funny thing (for me) about this show is that we'll be giving our wears to a Talent Scout and a local Promoter, and until about 10 this morning I haven't even been nervous about it! Though I am starting to feel the butterflys once again ... In my heart I feel very prepared ... and that's all that I can ask, I've been praying alot about it too, that it would be a good opportunity, that the show itself would go well, that we would be protected, anointed and prepared ... and that's all I can pray for now too. I will def. let you know how things go!
Well, I need to be back to work now ... I feel very blessed today and peaceful -- I pray the same for you all =)
Till Next Blog ~ a.
Comments