So this is Christmas!

(Photo from my JC Christmas Party last Saturday -- they had a photo booth set up with props -- was pretty fun)
I am right now as I type, filling my face with Minestrone soup from the cafeteria downstairs and thinking of how warm my insides feel.
It's been a good and busy week for me. My supervisor is now officially coming back for the 22nd, which is a comfort to me, since I am tired of doing everything here at JC's CS for the last 3 weeks, it's been good, and if one thing, at least is shown me, to myself that I can hold my own, but i am indeed only one person -- I need my supervisor here, and I am SO GLAD that the hectic pace is almost over.
It's been an absolute juggling act between JC work, freelance work, home time, visiting and music stuff. Though "the band" is taking a wee Christmas Break, with some good thinking and praying and deciding where we want to go next year (and with *whom* we're going to go there with). I am playing piano more, and want to get all the better at it.
For Christmas I am going to attempt to cook my first ROAST! in the oven with some friends over, should be fun. Last Christmas we drove up to Palomar mountain and I don't even remember what we did the Christmas before ... oh wait no I do -- we were at Bardy and Rene's house (!!) So, this will kind of be our FIRST Christmas dinner -- unaided by others ... in fact I'm hoping that we can share our home with lots of friends and have a really good, warm day. I still need to do a bit of shopping and I'll confess now, Mom, I STILL have not sent your gift yet (!! K, so it'll be a new years gift). Everything just has been so busy and I've "scrooged" it a bit by working so much and not thinking of other things.
When Jay's Dad was here with Jaci last week, as we were all saying goodbye in the hotel room, he was telling us about the importance of setting goals for ourselves, kind of like giving your brain a "map" for your life direction ... and I'm really feeling that in my life right now.
I'm not getting younger (facing my 31st Birthday coming in January) and I want to make my days here count. I'm one of *those* people who really believes that there is an absolute divine purpose for our lives, that we have a calling from God. I don't know, I think all those books and "Christian Conferences" I went too when I was younger may have done me a "dis-service" because I simply can't shake the fact that I am destined to *DO* something AMAZING with my life, but just can't grasp the fact of what it is yet, and fighting the feeling that I am missing out on what I am REEELY supposed to be doing ! (ugh! SIGH!)
anyways, I want to get back in tune with the simple things in life. I want to not worry so much about my purpose or destiny or whatever (!!) and simply BE for a bit -- I wonder though if I would get bored?
Till Next Blog!
love, a.
Comments