31 years is approaching

Well, anyone who knows anything about me, will know, my birthday is in two days. Yep, the big 3-1 ... I think 3o was a harder year for me, 31 just sort of feels like an extension on the previous year ... no milestones evident just yet, though we cannot know what this year will hold.

I went down to San Diego to spend some time with Laura and Andy and little Mira ... and they had a wee-surprise party for me ... birthday cake and all ... which was wonderful except I was not expecting it, so Jay wasn't able to come (!!) but it was still cool,






I spent the night, Jay picked me up the next day and we went to our old stompin' ground in Point Loma and down to Sunset Cliffs, which was SUCH a treat because the tide was sooo low we could walk down on the rocks and scope out the usually covered up treasures embedded in the rocks.
I felt like it was God giving me an early present. There were birds and dolphins and lots of little "weird" tidal things you don't usually see, such a sight to behold! I felt (and still feel) blessed.


Also, a strange treat, on Saturday morning (circa 6 a.m.) I watched (and attempted to photograph) a "moon-set" over the pacific ocean -- it was surreal.

This week should be pretty decent I'm hoping, I have "officially" completed another year of Break Forth design, which always feels like a relief and a bit of sadness, since I cannot be there at the conference this year ... it's kind of like being involved with the delivery of a baby behind the scenes and not being able to attend it's Birthday, but it will be a wonderful event no doubt.

I am challenging myself this week to step out of my comfort zone. I'm tired of "thinking" about doing things, and then procrastinating them away until all of a sudden it's a week later and I still haven't done anything. I also want to challenge myself to pray more. I mean, I get up and work out almost every day, I want to develop that kind of commitment with prayer. I want to get closer in my relationship with God and be "in-tune" so I can know and recognize His voice, because I believe He does talk to us, if we're quiet enough to listen.

So, Happy Birthday to me I guess! We're jamming on my birthday -- a good enough present for me =)

Till Next Blog!

love .a.

Comments

Anonymous said…
it sounds like a really beautiful birthday ammee... i believe God DOES give us presents... what a gift, to live amongst such natural scenery... and the cake was nice too! :) you have encouraged me to pray more... i hope i can do the same for you. xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010