BAND 101:
Music Business (does NOT? equal) Music Ministry, Music Integrity, Musical Creativity

I believe that God has amazing things in store for our music. I believe that God is going to use us to influence those who need to hear His voice through our medium, and I believe that he is taking care of us.

We have a show coming up on the 12th of March in Carlsbad, at a venue that's actually like, 6 blocks away from our house. The stage is cool, the club is larger, the promoter is easy to deal with, everything just FEELS right. Important.

We got an email over the weekend from an "A & R" rep. from a music festival called "Emergenza" telling us we have a spot to play in San Diego if interested, the website was rather vague on details of the events, apparently it's some kind of battle of the bands deal, sounds good right? Here was the catch. The entry fee is $70, Pay to Play at it's finest, this would have almost been o.k. to me, except that, turns out in ADDITION to paying this fee, you are expected to promote your show yourself AND sell tickets (at least 45 to the first round) ... I immediately began feeling uneasy about it. They had scheduled us in a meeting with this A & R person but after some more research on the internet today, I emailed and canceled our meet. (What's with the official "meet" anyways, that alone also made me feel uneasy)

I don't want to be a sucker, and I trust that God is going to provide another way.
And it's going to FEEL right. AND I prayed about it last night and this morning (for discernment/wisdom over the issue) ... and I think my prayers were answered.

Just wanted to share =) Please keep us in your prayers for the 12th, and also, we'll be doing worship the next two weekends at the church we've been going to, and I am REALLY excited about that ...

K -- love 2'yas!
a.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i'm glad you shared, ammee. this post shows a lot of discernment and wisdom. i believe God has a plan for you too. he comes in the whisper, right? i beg of you to pray for this same whisper regarding my book about mum. an agent has it right now... just needing a publisher to be interested. it's hard in these economically-challenged times. but not impossible. :) love you girl. hope the 12th is the beginning of many good things for you and your band. xoxo
Anonymous said…
I love "little" testimonies like this of the way that the Lord leads. He truly has His eye on you and your music =) Isn't it the most relieving, amazing, exciting, and fearful thing that He cares about every aspect of our lives? I believe that He leads us in and out of opportunities as we prove ourselves obedient to the Holy Spirit's urging. I'm looking forward to where He leads your faithful worshiper's heart...

Wish I could be at your show AND I wish I could check out your new church! Praying for you my Sister.

Alyssa

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010