Valentines to Remember

I think today is the best Valentines Day ever.

And I don't even think that I'm exaggerating =)

The day started normally enough, it was "my Saturday", my favorite day of the week, where we awake around 8, I make some coffee, eggs and fruit and we sit and chat and I mentally prepare for what I'm going to do ... which is usually nothing, or at least, nothing workish related. Usually, just music, playing piano or singing, cleaning, maybe a walk on the beach, or into town, perhaps some painting when it's all said and done.

But today I was planning to go to Jay's work to do something, which in itself is pretty special. I got a bonus at work (just a yearly thing, they usually do, which is a big blessing really in a time like this that a company still gives money that's not ness. needed to their employees.) Anyways, I got $500 and I knew exactly what I wanted to purchase with this, "free" money.

I bought my own acoustic guitar!! Jay helped me pick it out and as if that alone wasn't enough. Jay's been somewhat braggin' the last little while about his AMAZING valentines surprise for me, I had NO idea what it could be .. well, so we're at his work and he walks me out to the car, I am FULLY expecting to go home and do my Saturday as previously described, I'm waiting for him to hand over the car keys and he looks at me and says : "Get in the car, we're driving to L.A. today" and I was like ... WHAT!!! turns out, Jay (unbeknownced to me) bought us HOCKEY tickets to EDMonton Oilers vs. the L.A. Kings hockey game (on Valentines Day no less, how crazy is THAT!!)

I was crazy tickled cause we have been talking about how cool that would be to go to an Oiler game down here. The game was GREAT! The tickets he got ended up being these VIP Season Tickets from someone who couldn't have gone, so we sat in these special sectioned seats (surrounded by Kings' fans, though there were some Canadians kicking about) in fact, there were Oilers fans from Red Deer sitting two rows behind us, which was fun, we got to chat a bit to them too.

AND the Oilers WON!! i was so proud =) though it's kind of akward to sit in a stadium full of people who are chanting at various intervals "Oilers SUCK" or "Go Kings Go" at random . The score was 3 to 2 in a Shoot Out victory! So exciting!!!

We did get a bit lost on our way there, we missed our freeway exit and had to back track a touch, but overall, it was so fun!!

We are both kind of wiped now, (LA driving can do that to a person) but I think we're going for sushi ... i do think this is the best Valentines Day I can remember ... I love my husband =) For more than just today, but everyday.

Till Next Blog! and Happy Valentines Day!
love, a.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ammee!!!! that's so great about the guitar!!!!!!!!!! wow. i'm so happy for you. and i had no idea you liked hockey! such a good valentine's day. yayy! e.

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond