Oh, well, it's time for an update on Amy's (& consequently Jay's) lives here in Sunny Southern California. As of late, as people have been asking me how I've been doing, or how things are going, I've replied a steady "oh, you know, just the usus." or "just trucking along" or "nothing crazy, just same old". Same Old.
I've made the self realization that I've been saying that to others (and myself) but in reality, things are progressing, changing, my brain is constantly thinking -- but I feel like what is really going on in life seems mundane, or ordinary, or maybe not important enough to share, so hence I just end up saying "oh you know, same old". Well, really it's not, so here we go...
Here is what's going on in life in general for me. I went to the doctor for the FIRST TIME since we moved down here last Friday as I had a minor "feminine issue" which needed medicating, of which I am now on and dealing with and *slowly* beginning to feel better, though still officially un-diagnosed, but I've been feeling slightly out-of-sorts. (As medication can do that to a person, and as it turns out I have a slight phobia of "strange-pill-taking").
After our show (coming up two weeks ago now) I did feel slightly deflated, I'll admit. As in my heart, I want so much to do our music, but it just is sooo hard to do it down here as you have to literally sell yourself to the masses and there is seeming very little support for the unknown and different. I've wrestled with my emotions on this issue and won (For now). I'm of the opinion that our music will mean something to those who need it, and that God will open the doors that need to be and ultimately it's His timing not ours. I need to keep giving that to God, because I'm not very good at surrendering my plans to His ... something I need to work on. But in my heart, I will keep trying to book the odd show and mostly look forward to doing some more writing and getting a full length album in the works for us. Hoping to record in the Fall, this I am looking forward to.
We've also been involved in some Church music (worship) and will be doing the Easter services which I am THRILLED about. I also had the opportunity to be involved in a worship night two weeks ago, which was reminiscent of Glimpse to me, which was SOOO AWESOME!! and my heart needed it too!! How wonderful it is to praise God with His people!!
On the work side of things, I am struggling a bit, my freelance ofcourse is busy as can be, work @ JC feels increasingly less creative and slightly menial, and now with the added bonus that my supervisor has taken to ALL the bigger/important/busy type jobs and left me mostly doing small tasks, (which don't get me wrong is completely cool with me -- after all it gives me the time to do my own things) but when she's doing overtime and I'm left to blog for 45 mins because I'm all caught up, I'm left hoping that I'm still needed here...though inside i know I am, sometimes it makes me a bit anxious.
Which brings me to my other interesting tidbit-- Jay and I have decided to start looking into what it would/will take for us to purchase either a home or condo here. I know, I know, it's a HUGE step, but with the markets and financing the way they are (listen to me I sound SO grown up!) I've been doing a bit of digging and discovered that literally our mortgage payments could be WAY less than our rent, depending ... and prices here have dropped like crazy, to even cheaper than back in Alberta, so we've made the first step to look into the money side of things. It's scary because I know even how hard it was for us to get our car loan, but at the same time, I can't help but dream of a cute little yellow home with palms in the front, birds of paradise and a glorious garden of palm frons, dessert succulents and an Avocado tree in the back. It's going to be God, if it's even going to remotely happen, but I am praying!!
Anyways, I think that's almost it =) We jam tonight and Jay's two sisters (Keely and Amanda) will be visiting this weekend.
Till Next Blog!!
love, a.
I've made the self realization that I've been saying that to others (and myself) but in reality, things are progressing, changing, my brain is constantly thinking -- but I feel like what is really going on in life seems mundane, or ordinary, or maybe not important enough to share, so hence I just end up saying "oh you know, same old". Well, really it's not, so here we go...
Here is what's going on in life in general for me. I went to the doctor for the FIRST TIME since we moved down here last Friday as I had a minor "feminine issue" which needed medicating, of which I am now on and dealing with and *slowly* beginning to feel better, though still officially un-diagnosed, but I've been feeling slightly out-of-sorts. (As medication can do that to a person, and as it turns out I have a slight phobia of "strange-pill-taking").
After our show (coming up two weeks ago now) I did feel slightly deflated, I'll admit. As in my heart, I want so much to do our music, but it just is sooo hard to do it down here as you have to literally sell yourself to the masses and there is seeming very little support for the unknown and different. I've wrestled with my emotions on this issue and won (For now). I'm of the opinion that our music will mean something to those who need it, and that God will open the doors that need to be and ultimately it's His timing not ours. I need to keep giving that to God, because I'm not very good at surrendering my plans to His ... something I need to work on. But in my heart, I will keep trying to book the odd show and mostly look forward to doing some more writing and getting a full length album in the works for us. Hoping to record in the Fall, this I am looking forward to.
We've also been involved in some Church music (worship) and will be doing the Easter services which I am THRILLED about. I also had the opportunity to be involved in a worship night two weeks ago, which was reminiscent of Glimpse to me, which was SOOO AWESOME!! and my heart needed it too!! How wonderful it is to praise God with His people!!
On the work side of things, I am struggling a bit, my freelance ofcourse is busy as can be, work @ JC feels increasingly less creative and slightly menial, and now with the added bonus that my supervisor has taken to ALL the bigger/important/busy type jobs and left me mostly doing small tasks, (which don't get me wrong is completely cool with me -- after all it gives me the time to do my own things) but when she's doing overtime and I'm left to blog for 45 mins because I'm all caught up, I'm left hoping that I'm still needed here...though inside i know I am, sometimes it makes me a bit anxious.
Which brings me to my other interesting tidbit-- Jay and I have decided to start looking into what it would/will take for us to purchase either a home or condo here. I know, I know, it's a HUGE step, but with the markets and financing the way they are (listen to me I sound SO grown up!) I've been doing a bit of digging and discovered that literally our mortgage payments could be WAY less than our rent, depending ... and prices here have dropped like crazy, to even cheaper than back in Alberta, so we've made the first step to look into the money side of things. It's scary because I know even how hard it was for us to get our car loan, but at the same time, I can't help but dream of a cute little yellow home with palms in the front, birds of paradise and a glorious garden of palm frons, dessert succulents and an Avocado tree in the back. It's going to be God, if it's even going to remotely happen, but I am praying!!
Anyways, I think that's almost it =) We jam tonight and Jay's two sisters (Keely and Amanda) will be visiting this weekend.
Till Next Blog!!
love, a.
Comments
i think it's great about the house... i've always been a believer in buying versus renting. have you found any cute places yet?
i spent half of last week by the ocean with the palm trees (did you see our pics?) i can understand your love of the water. it was so peaceful, just to sit and read and watch the birds and listen to the waves crash against each other.
love you hon. keep on keeping on. in due time, we will be rewarded. always, em.