On the Eve
It's the eve of our show tomorrow @ the Boar Crossin' here in our little home town of Carlsbad California. I am expectant, a little butter-fly-ish, but mostly very excited.
I feel alot like I am "pulling all the stops" like this could be our most important show to date. I have no doubt there will be many more, but so far the trip to this thought has been littered with some surprising new understandings. "Pay to Play" down here is ridiculously prevalent, I'm amazed at how many people call themselves "promoters" yet all they do is get your foot into the club, let you sell tickets to your own shows, promote your own shows and pay them if you don't sell enough. One guy asks for $200 -- it's a monopoly I don't really feel like I want to be a part of, so I'm hangin' tight that there are other things in store for us.
We have a lot of friends coming out tomorrow too, which I am really excited for. A lot of the girls I work with -- which should be pretty interesting ;) We have the pastor from the church we've been going to coming too, I'm glad that he got to see us on stage doing worship first (just in case he thinks we're a bit "on the fringe" as Jay's dad so eloquently put when he saw us play last.) We also may have a VIP of sorts, I'm not sure if he will show, but here's the story; when Jay was @ NAMM this year with James (a guy he works with) he was introduced to a Peter K. who is a big shot producer from Nashville (Corporate-Christian-musicdom central) he produces such names as MercyMe and Phil Wickham ... anyways, apparently he lives in San Diego now and he came into the store (BBros) the other day and both Jay and James invited him to our show -- which I guess if the worst thing could happen (well second worst) is he could come and give us a "somewhat-certified" yay or nay on our sound ... remains to be seen, it could be opportunity, it could be bust, but an interesting fact for sure.
Mostly I am so thankful, and I feel so blessed, that we're even able to do this. That we have the opportunity to play, to share our hearts and music with our friends. Who knows what the future will hold, but I am very thankful right now, and I pray that the Lord would "Pour Down" over us tomorrow... Please (if you pray) pray for us tomorrow, for protection, discernment and more opportunity, for creative outflow and that we would remain humble with our gifts.
For my desire is that I would honor HIM tomorrow and give a good show.
Till Next Blog ~ love, a.
I feel alot like I am "pulling all the stops" like this could be our most important show to date. I have no doubt there will be many more, but so far the trip to this thought has been littered with some surprising new understandings. "Pay to Play" down here is ridiculously prevalent, I'm amazed at how many people call themselves "promoters" yet all they do is get your foot into the club, let you sell tickets to your own shows, promote your own shows and pay them if you don't sell enough. One guy asks for $200 -- it's a monopoly I don't really feel like I want to be a part of, so I'm hangin' tight that there are other things in store for us.
We have a lot of friends coming out tomorrow too, which I am really excited for. A lot of the girls I work with -- which should be pretty interesting ;) We have the pastor from the church we've been going to coming too, I'm glad that he got to see us on stage doing worship first (just in case he thinks we're a bit "on the fringe" as Jay's dad so eloquently put when he saw us play last.) We also may have a VIP of sorts, I'm not sure if he will show, but here's the story; when Jay was @ NAMM this year with James (a guy he works with) he was introduced to a Peter K. who is a big shot producer from Nashville (Corporate-Christian-musicdom central) he produces such names as MercyMe and Phil Wickham ... anyways, apparently he lives in San Diego now and he came into the store (BBros) the other day and both Jay and James invited him to our show -- which I guess if the worst thing could happen (well second worst) is he could come and give us a "somewhat-certified" yay or nay on our sound ... remains to be seen, it could be opportunity, it could be bust, but an interesting fact for sure.
Mostly I am so thankful, and I feel so blessed, that we're even able to do this. That we have the opportunity to play, to share our hearts and music with our friends. Who knows what the future will hold, but I am very thankful right now, and I pray that the Lord would "Pour Down" over us tomorrow... Please (if you pray) pray for us tomorrow, for protection, discernment and more opportunity, for creative outflow and that we would remain humble with our gifts.
For my desire is that I would honor HIM tomorrow and give a good show.
Till Next Blog ~ love, a.
Comments