A day in the life


It's been a week and a bit since my last email. Lots of stuff has happened, of which I'm going to try my best to let you in on, ofcourse =)

Most recently this past Tues. I was involved in a low key food photo shoot for JC, of which I played the role of sole photog. (!!) I was VERY nervous but rented some lights and a crazy lens and the photos turned out fabulously! Food can be one of the hardest things to shoot, but one of my co-workers was the cook/food stylist and did a phenomenal job! I also (ofcourse) did some practice @ home with the equip. the night before, and am posting my pics (here is a link to the album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=248930&id=622540106&l=f0dd41fdb1 ) ... it was a blast and I hope I get to do it again.

Of course, there is our whole, home-hunting situation. Turns out the market down here (because of all the foreclosures and such) is quite aggressive, I called on one place I had my eye on and it already had 26 offers on it!!! basically the Realtor said you have to be right on top of what's coming out on the market, drive by, see it and if you like it you better put an offer on it cause it'll be gonzo before you know it. Which has put us in a very interesting position prayer and faith wise. I kind of expected to be praying and asking God for our first little home, now, I realize I am really at the mercy of the market and chance, which puts us right in God's hands! It's a great leap of faith which can sometimes be uncomfortable, but exciting at the same time.
We realize that if we're deciding to look at houses, we better get right in there and get dirty, so we're going to start next week....

Speaking of next week, we have our first of two May shows, we'll be playing the Radio Room in mid-town San Diego on Tues ... which at first glance is a weird day to have a show, BUT it's actually Cinco de Mayo down here in the good ol' US of A, (which is a traditional Mexican observance, but mostly just an excuse for people to go out and drink, kind of like St. Patties day I guess ...) So, we're hoping for a good, and not too rowdy crowd at this club, which is one of those fabled places here in the local scene.

Jay and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary yesterday too!! Now that we're here (9 years) it doesn't seem so long at all ... we went out for dinner (no, not to a fancy steak place for $30 a plate) but to a fast food place here called Chick-fil-a ... we had chicken sandwiches and these GIANT milkshakes (VERY high fat intake, people) but Oh sooo good!!! I had cookies and cream, Jay had Strawberry, and they're served with whipping cream AND a cherry on top =) It's a good thing I don't get them very often (I've been craving one for months!) cause at 700 calories a pop, it's gotta be a treat!

And I guess on a treat note, I feel like life is like that for me right now. All amid the way that the news is going off on the whole Swine flu thing (which I personally think at this point is blown WaHAY out of porportion) and our staggering economy, a day in the life of Amy Huzil is full of creativity, song, love, laughter and some tears, and it's pretty sweet indeed.

Till next Blog ~ a.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i like how when reading your blogs it's like we're sitting down with some english toffee tea and you're telling me this news from across the table. i'm praying for you re: the house, and i'm excited for your shows coming up! and well done on the photography shoot hon! love you. em.
Anonymous said…
Hey A- I'll be praying for the house too <3

Kt

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010