ok, ok, I KNOW it's been a Looooong time since I wrote! (is it me or do I start these blogs the same way now?) at any rate ... let's dive right in =)

Jay and I have been looking at houses now for almost a month. .. we wrote one offer a couple weeks ago which was overthrown by another, all CASH (I think I may have mentioned) so, it was back to the board. We've written another offer since and are still waiting to hear back. I'm trying really hard not to be anxious, and some days are way better than others. Mostly, I find this whole experience a big walk of faith that God's got everything under control. Since we are walking in a situation where clearly we have NO control whatsoever, it is a tedious and seemingly unfair market for us. I have been praying about this place, I believe our offer is pretty strong, (it will MAX us out) but the banks have literally set the stages for bidding wars, where the highest/best offer takes the prize. In an economy where they seem to stroke you into buying a home, it seems ironic that when it comes down to it, it's a fight tooth and nail to get anything.
All that being said, I have prayed for peace about this home ... and i def. have it. Though if we do not get it, I admit I will be bummed for sure, but I know that God has something better for us in store, and we need to walk further to find it.
Work for me is busy, with my freelance kicking completely into high gear right now, I'm working into the night and it's times like these I wonder why exactly I put myself in this position ... till I think of the debt. we're paying off in Canada and how very grateful I am to have the extras that come with the bonus funds ... though they're really not a bonus because the price I pay is being stuck to my computer for exxxxtttteeeeennnndddddeeeedddd periods of my day. =) JC is going well, busy too ... I'm working on the biggest project of my career so far -- a manual for New Hires that will be split into 4 Magazines of material ... we're working (myself and the Training Dept.) on the first portion right now and who knows how long it will take, but it's the most exciting thing right now for me because I can flex my creative muscle without the usual politics that comes with it.
Also, next week I am taking the WHOLE week off because my MOMMA B. is coming to visit us ... I am anticipating alot of beach time, walks, shopping and talking. And I can't help thinking how wonderful it would be to be able to show her "our house" (if that should happen -- God willing)
I'm starting to get excited for the future. No word yet on the worship stuff at the other church, though this weekend will be my first time leading children's worship =) Please pray that all goes well, I'm actually kind of nervous!!

Will keep you posted, in better time, on all the developments!
Till Next Blog ~ a

Comments

Anonymous said…
i'm so glad you get the week off to spend with your momma. praying for you re: the house! please keep me posted. xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010