Independence (Happy) Days ...
My mother-in-law would be VERY proud of me I think ... of course, she prob. won't read this till her and Ken get back from their Europe trip, but today I went to Marshalls (sort of like a Winners, well, pretty much exactly) and bought myself a fine, curvy glass pitcher.
I bought the pitcher because tonight I made iced tea.
REAL Iced Tea. You know, the "weird" American variety which is really just tea, no sugar added. I've had a hankering for the stuff for a couple days, and actually had made my FIRST batch on July 4th (a nice way to celebrate my own, happy-American-ness). I boiled some water in my small pot (I only have 2, a small one and a large one, seems to be all I need for the time being) and then plopped in two tea bags (a dashing variety of caffeine-free herbal tea called "Tropic of Strawberry") and stuck the whole pot in the freezer for an hour and a half, till it was cold enough to drink with ice. It was VERY good, and made me crave the pitcher.
So, when I was browsing the quite-unkempt ailes of Marshalls tonight at 7:30 it spyed my eye from the middle shelf ... and at $5.99 I couldn't go wrong.
I now have it waiting in the fridge for me, complete with fresh slices of lemon. It makes me think of Dodie ... and how sometimes I'm reminded of how our journey's in life are similar (me coming to America with my husband from my home country, she, going to Canada with hers, from here). Every time I do something that seems in my mind "American" I think of her with a smile (like sticks of butter ... I can't imagine anything else now it seems) ... and Iced Tea.
I've been so busy with work the last little bit I've been somewhat of a hermit ... however I just finished a HUGE deadline and have a slight bit of breathing room between LLN and Break Forth (which will gear up very soon). I actually forgot my laptop charger at work today, so I haven't been able to use my laptop (I am writing from Jay's computer). But it's been good.
So somewhat special news, I ended up getting a pretty amazing job @ work. We're producing a new set of workout DVD's (walking) with Kim Lyons (she's from the Biggest Loser show) and I'm getting to do the packaging for them. There are two DVD's one Beginner/Intermediate and Intermediate/Advanced. They're doing a photo shoot @ the video shoot next week, so I'll have all custom shots to choose from, and they're letting me have complete creative control, and if they like what they see, they'll have the production co., pull from the creative we do for packaging through the whole DVD (!!) which is exciting, and a great portfolio piece. I've been praying for inspiration and creativity for it, and stamina too, cause the turn around time is VERY quick (to print in less than 2 weeks)
We're going to a wedding this coming weekend, Gavin (a fellow Jay works with) and his girl, Melissa ... it'll be my first "beach wedding" ... followed shortly (2 weeks later in fact) by another, our good friends Wayne and Jen (from Long Island, NY).
The days here are pretty much full steam ahead for summer. The nights are hot and slightly humid but we have to keep our windows closed because the mosquitoes here are INSANE and I seem to really react to their bites =( So, we have the fans going full on ... it's livable, and still ever-beautiful.
Have a wonderful week(s) ... Till Next Blog!
love, a.
I bought the pitcher because tonight I made iced tea.
REAL Iced Tea. You know, the "weird" American variety which is really just tea, no sugar added. I've had a hankering for the stuff for a couple days, and actually had made my FIRST batch on July 4th (a nice way to celebrate my own, happy-American-ness). I boiled some water in my small pot (I only have 2, a small one and a large one, seems to be all I need for the time being) and then plopped in two tea bags (a dashing variety of caffeine-free herbal tea called "Tropic of Strawberry") and stuck the whole pot in the freezer for an hour and a half, till it was cold enough to drink with ice. It was VERY good, and made me crave the pitcher.
So, when I was browsing the quite-unkempt ailes of Marshalls tonight at 7:30 it spyed my eye from the middle shelf ... and at $5.99 I couldn't go wrong.
I now have it waiting in the fridge for me, complete with fresh slices of lemon. It makes me think of Dodie ... and how sometimes I'm reminded of how our journey's in life are similar (me coming to America with my husband from my home country, she, going to Canada with hers, from here). Every time I do something that seems in my mind "American" I think of her with a smile (like sticks of butter ... I can't imagine anything else now it seems) ... and Iced Tea.
I've been so busy with work the last little bit I've been somewhat of a hermit ... however I just finished a HUGE deadline and have a slight bit of breathing room between LLN and Break Forth (which will gear up very soon). I actually forgot my laptop charger at work today, so I haven't been able to use my laptop (I am writing from Jay's computer). But it's been good.
So somewhat special news, I ended up getting a pretty amazing job @ work. We're producing a new set of workout DVD's (walking) with Kim Lyons (she's from the Biggest Loser show) and I'm getting to do the packaging for them. There are two DVD's one Beginner/Intermediate and Intermediate/Advanced. They're doing a photo shoot @ the video shoot next week, so I'll have all custom shots to choose from, and they're letting me have complete creative control, and if they like what they see, they'll have the production co., pull from the creative we do for packaging through the whole DVD (!!) which is exciting, and a great portfolio piece. I've been praying for inspiration and creativity for it, and stamina too, cause the turn around time is VERY quick (to print in less than 2 weeks)
We're going to a wedding this coming weekend, Gavin (a fellow Jay works with) and his girl, Melissa ... it'll be my first "beach wedding" ... followed shortly (2 weeks later in fact) by another, our good friends Wayne and Jen (from Long Island, NY).
The days here are pretty much full steam ahead for summer. The nights are hot and slightly humid but we have to keep our windows closed because the mosquitoes here are INSANE and I seem to really react to their bites =( So, we have the fans going full on ... it's livable, and still ever-beautiful.
Have a wonderful week(s) ... Till Next Blog!
love, a.
Comments