This is a rare glimpse into my "cube" at work ... it will make sense at the end of this post =)I'd like to preface this post by writing that so often, we do live in reverse (so to speak) that "hindsight is 20/20 when it comes to life, and why some things work out and some do not, and some need to wait, while others happen right away. Allow me to explain.
Months back Jay and I were excitedly planning for a trip up to Canada, a road trip where we'd be driving up, see the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone National Park and then collect some of the things we had left up in Canada and drive back down. I was SO excited about it, for a couple reasons, of course the fact that we can visit family and friends. It would also just so happen that my good friend Em (who is right now expecting their first long awaited child) would be in Alberta at the same time and we'd be able to visit and spend time.
However, THEN came the whole "we can buy a house" deal (or, so we thought at the time) and the pandemonium of house hunting came crashing into our lives, only to leave us (just for a time) with a bit of heartbreak and frayed nerves (well, more so me I think than Jay). But through those series of decisions, our Canada trip was canceled. No friends to visit, no family times spent, no wonders explored, and life continued on as is.
I was upset but swallowed it. And now, looking back I can see, we were meant to be here, right here, for this time.
This weekend, well, today in fact, when we WOULD have been Canada-side. Our good friends Wayne and Jen are getting married. When we first were thinking of going to Canada, I knew we'd miss their wedding, and I was sad because they are such cool people. Coming to So Cal the same time we did, moving into our Carlsbad apt's same time we did (that's how we met them) and sharing the whole "fish out of normal water" aspect of moving to a new place, with no friends. But now, of course, because we're here, not "there" we are going to their wedding today. =)
Don't get me wrong, there are parts of my heart that are still sad to not be in Canada right now, but I am so excited because I've been able to be there with Jen and Wayne (we both have) as they've prepared for this day. Helping with decorations and flowers and all the small details that go into making a wedding what it is.
We'll be celebrating with them tonight and I can't think of any other place on the planet I'd rather be. For now, the decision, though painful at the time, makes sense. God wanted us to be here now and I trust Him.
Till Next Blog ~ love, a.
(After-note: Completely unrelated to the above post, I just got flowers and cookies and a card delivered to my desk from the Director of Research and Program Innovation for my work on the JC Walking DVD project -- the crazy one mentioned in posts previous -- yes, it IS a good day! Except the cookies have macadamia nuts in them, so I won't be able to eat them, but we won't share that with anyone else!)
Comments