Well, I've just made myself a fresh coffee in our "office coffee place" I guess, the water cooler area of what is the hub of those things here in the office. I have to admit, I thought today was going to be crazy ... but, so far so good=)
My supervisor is gone for three days to Vegas and left me holding down the fort here. Usually when that happens one of two things takes place, either I am crazy busy with a billion things to do all by myself ... or I have some moments of reprieve and I don't get hassled because, well, I am the only person here in CS. So right now, that's what's shakin.
I wanted to blog because I feel like there' alot going on and needs to be said. Jay's going to be flying up to Canada w/ the fam. next Tues. already =( I am cool with it, though wonder how I'll do all by me'lonesome! I think the thing that will be most hard will be sleeping alone ... and also knowing that Jay will be visiting with all our friends and family and I won't be able to see them. Jays' (our) grandpa Huzil called us last night and we got to chat. Seriously, If I could have picked ANYONE on earth to be my other grandpa, Grandpa Huzil would have been it! I'm going to miss seeing him too ... but next year! Next year forsure, come house, band or baby, we need to make the trip. There are too many loose ends up there for us not to come up, and I think it's safe to say we won't be moving back "Canuck side" anytime soon.
I will be keeping busy while Jay's gone though, Break Forth Materials are starting to hit high frequency and I'll be attending the Hillsong United Conference Aug. 21 and 22 with my two best friends down here, Laura and Kaytee (!!) I am SO excited about this!! I just want to get charged for whatever's next in my life ... I feel so ready, and praying about it.
Band News to share. We've submitted one of our songs (Storm) to be featured on an Indie Magazine's Compilation of artists. They'll be distributing the Comp. on download cards at the Warped Tour dates in California (!!) so, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of exposure that gives us ... and also so thankful for the opportunity that it is, for us to get the music out there! 25,000 cards are being produced and will also be sent to industry labels ... so, praying about this too.
Jay and Amy news last, we canceled our cable TV (lol) It's true, we only really had cable I guess for a year, but our "introductory rate" ended and went up to double the $$ and we both decided that yes, TV really IS rotting our brains! (I've seen enough Family Guy for my whole life) so, last Thurs. Cable was gone. I think the thing that I notice most about NOT having cable is how nice and quiet silence is. And how peaceful my brain can feel when it's covered with nothing but ocean breeze, birds and the occasional bump from the building (which bugs Jay more than me). He really is like his Dad in that way.
That's it from the home-front.
Till next Blog ~ love a.
My supervisor is gone for three days to Vegas and left me holding down the fort here. Usually when that happens one of two things takes place, either I am crazy busy with a billion things to do all by myself ... or I have some moments of reprieve and I don't get hassled because, well, I am the only person here in CS. So right now, that's what's shakin.
I wanted to blog because I feel like there' alot going on and needs to be said. Jay's going to be flying up to Canada w/ the fam. next Tues. already =( I am cool with it, though wonder how I'll do all by me'lonesome! I think the thing that will be most hard will be sleeping alone ... and also knowing that Jay will be visiting with all our friends and family and I won't be able to see them. Jays' (our) grandpa Huzil called us last night and we got to chat. Seriously, If I could have picked ANYONE on earth to be my other grandpa, Grandpa Huzil would have been it! I'm going to miss seeing him too ... but next year! Next year forsure, come house, band or baby, we need to make the trip. There are too many loose ends up there for us not to come up, and I think it's safe to say we won't be moving back "Canuck side" anytime soon.
I will be keeping busy while Jay's gone though, Break Forth Materials are starting to hit high frequency and I'll be attending the Hillsong United Conference Aug. 21 and 22 with my two best friends down here, Laura and Kaytee (!!) I am SO excited about this!! I just want to get charged for whatever's next in my life ... I feel so ready, and praying about it.
Band News to share. We've submitted one of our songs (Storm) to be featured on an Indie Magazine's Compilation of artists. They'll be distributing the Comp. on download cards at the Warped Tour dates in California (!!) so, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of exposure that gives us ... and also so thankful for the opportunity that it is, for us to get the music out there! 25,000 cards are being produced and will also be sent to industry labels ... so, praying about this too.
Jay and Amy news last, we canceled our cable TV (lol) It's true, we only really had cable I guess for a year, but our "introductory rate" ended and went up to double the $$ and we both decided that yes, TV really IS rotting our brains! (I've seen enough Family Guy for my whole life) so, last Thurs. Cable was gone. I think the thing that I notice most about NOT having cable is how nice and quiet silence is. And how peaceful my brain can feel when it's covered with nothing but ocean breeze, birds and the occasional bump from the building (which bugs Jay more than me). He really is like his Dad in that way.
That's it from the home-front.
Till next Blog ~ love a.
Comments
sorry i haven't visited for a long time, but i just got caught up on your blogs... i'm so glad you were able to come to peace with staying in CA and being able to support your friends who were getting married. i'm also pumped for you about the upcoming United concert. i hope your heart is filled and you are refreshed and re-charged. sure wish i could be there with you. and here's to really good things happening because of Storm! woohoo! i'm excited. love you. em.