An Answer to "Antsy"
The title of this blog alone makes me smile -- but here is the real kicker. I don't know if God answers blogs ... I know He answers prayers, but when I read back over my blog from two weeks ago, it's so apparent that, as I had spilled my hearts cry in words onto a screen and into cyber space, that God heard, and I think he may be answering
Here's the situation.
We got a call yesterday from James, the current worship leader at the church we go to in South Oceanside. The church plant in North Oceanside (which, if you recall, we were thinking of attending, but then plans fell through because the house situation fell through etc. etc. and nothing more was thought of) has run into some un-tasteful personnel issues of sorts, and they're in a bit of a pinch. To make a long story short, James asked myself (and Jay, he is my other half) if we would be interested in a worship leader/facilitator type position at the North Oceanside Church, in light of the recent events.
(Does this at all sound like an answer to prayer yet? Wanting to get more involved, more into leading, planing etc. please read "Antsy" (one post down) if you like)
Of course, my heart was very excited and also wary, so I called the Pastor and we talked on the phone for a good 40 mins about the situation, about the responsibilities, about what is needed right now for them as a church, and what we could do to help. It could be just an interim type role, where we fill in as needed, planning sets, putting teams together and leading on a regular basis, OR, it could be a long term position of ministry with the church.
It is now in my heart to seriously consider and pray about this opportunity, and please, I invite you to do the same. It's been such a long time since I've been involved so heavily in ministry, and it scares me too, because it's such an awesome responsibility, but such a beautiful opportunity. I am not trained in a bible school, I did not go to seminary, in fact, I have no formal musical training either, so I'm feeling slightly under-qualified. I do know though, that I am a worshiper, I have a big job to do, and I need to step out in faith. And I have Jay to back me up =)
As I seek God's direction in this, please pray as you feel lead for Jay and I, for direction, God's will, discernment, guidance and peace and if it is to be, for anointing and strength in the situation we'll be placed.
I'm excited and cautious. I hope to have a answer to give Pastor Chris on Tues.
Till next blog ~ love a.
Here's the situation.
We got a call yesterday from James, the current worship leader at the church we go to in South Oceanside. The church plant in North Oceanside (which, if you recall, we were thinking of attending, but then plans fell through because the house situation fell through etc. etc. and nothing more was thought of) has run into some un-tasteful personnel issues of sorts, and they're in a bit of a pinch. To make a long story short, James asked myself (and Jay, he is my other half) if we would be interested in a worship leader/facilitator type position at the North Oceanside Church, in light of the recent events.
(Does this at all sound like an answer to prayer yet? Wanting to get more involved, more into leading, planing etc. please read "Antsy" (one post down) if you like)
Of course, my heart was very excited and also wary, so I called the Pastor and we talked on the phone for a good 40 mins about the situation, about the responsibilities, about what is needed right now for them as a church, and what we could do to help. It could be just an interim type role, where we fill in as needed, planning sets, putting teams together and leading on a regular basis, OR, it could be a long term position of ministry with the church.
It is now in my heart to seriously consider and pray about this opportunity, and please, I invite you to do the same. It's been such a long time since I've been involved so heavily in ministry, and it scares me too, because it's such an awesome responsibility, but such a beautiful opportunity. I am not trained in a bible school, I did not go to seminary, in fact, I have no formal musical training either, so I'm feeling slightly under-qualified. I do know though, that I am a worshiper, I have a big job to do, and I need to step out in faith. And I have Jay to back me up =)
As I seek God's direction in this, please pray as you feel lead for Jay and I, for direction, God's will, discernment, guidance and peace and if it is to be, for anointing and strength in the situation we'll be placed.
I'm excited and cautious. I hope to have a answer to give Pastor Chris on Tues.
Till next blog ~ love a.
Comments
i love your seeking heart. it's beautiful.
always, em.