Sweeteverafter

(Band photo by Kristin Genna -- taken outside the Royal Dive, Oceanside CA)

This past week has been a blurr of activity, I found myself this a.m. getting up at 6 a.m. and just yearning for some time to myself ... I went for a run and didn't even listen to my ipod .. .I just ran and talked to God in prayer and got ready for today.

We played a show with the band on Thursday at a local watering hole/dive bar (aptly named the Royal Dive) the owner witnessed our show and was so impressed that he invited us to play again in November and ALSO that Saturday night. We prob. should have said no, but in the event that there would be a good crowd there, we opted to play. (a side note, we also played worship on Sunday at our church, and yes, we were VERY tired)

There wasn't a good crowd there ... (Thurs. was a completely different story) just some tables and varying degrees of drunk people mostly, but it was interesting because for the first time, it was really a shitty show, but I'm kind of glad that it was, because it was humbling. Don't get me wrong, we played well enough -- I always feel so incredibly blessed to be on stage with Jay and the guys, and the absolute level of sound that we can create together, is sometimes breath-taking to me. But I find myself sort of cherishing (in an unexpected way) the fact that we play to hardly anyone sometimes ... it keeps me real, keeps me in prayer, keeps me waiting. Granted, it's not fun at the time, and it's hard to look out at a room full of a few sitting, drinking, skeptically seeming people and have any level of energy to perform for them, but on Saturday I remembered something that a good friend told me (in relation to worship music, but I think it applies here too) that we should only concern ourselves with the audience of ONE. And so, that's what I did.

Kristin (John, our bass players' lady) has been taking photos of us almost every single show, I so appreciate her willingness and her passion for photography. Since we had two shows so close together, she was able to capture a "wardrobe change" of sorts, lol.

Here are some pictures for family and friends ~
Till next blog ~ love, a.
(Jay and Elvis)

(Jay's great guitar face, and I)

Comments