Christmas Tree

I'm not sure what the history of the Christmas Tree is ... I'm thinking it prob. started as a pagen ritual that the Catholic-Christian church turned into something that has to do w/ Christ's birth and has so evolved to become one of the traditions of our Christmas times. Whatever the case, there is a weird warm Christmassy vibe that comes with a tree.

We decorated ours this last weekend.

My mom had brought our Christmas tree down from Canada this Fall (along with everything else). So, I excitedly unpacked it on Saturday night (mist lots of sneezing from dust). After careful examination and about 10 mins of trying to figure out how to place the bottom of the tree in the "bottom of the tree holder", I prevailed, attached the bottom boughs to the top and fluffed all the branches... only to realize after I had my little 4ft. evergreen masterpiece splayed in my living room, that I had NO decorations.

As you can tell from the pictures, we did get decorations. Jay drove me to Michaels at 7 p.m. on Saturday night and we thriftily went through the aisles and found some tree-treasures.

And so, our little California-Huzil Christmas tree was born.

It does feel a bit like Christmas =)

Till Next blog ~ love a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010