Come and Gone


Christmas Day has come and gone yet again for us.

To be honest, it was pretty uneventful in this Huzil home. The party that we threw 2 weeks ago apparently had a gift of it's own to give, as Jay and I are still battling colds (though beginning to get better) so are quite a few of our friends who attended!! I feel a bit bad about that, and the running joke now is trying to figure out who came and infected us all!

The Christmas Eve service went over pretty well, though it was one of those moments I admit, I didn't really enjoy till it was too late. Too much self inflicted stress for me, it's so easy for me to let my head play games. I was just glad to call it over and finished without any major hiccups.

We spent Christmas Day in our PJ's ... Jay got me a new set of hand weights (3,5 and 8 lb) and I got him a book and a new T-Shirt. And that was pretty much it. We had a huge breakfast, with bacon and eggs and bagels, talked with our family then jammed for the rest of the afternoon to Christmas tunes on the radio (he on guitar, I on piano). It was actually really nice -- and of course there was a trip to the beach in between.

So, now that we are pretty much staring the New Year in the face, I'm feeling pretty retrospective (is that the right word?). So much has happened in 2009. Both Jay and I have paid off BIG debts this year (Jay's student loan and my credit line) Having those off our backs, feels a bit surreal to me -- we've been playing with the band steadily and are now regular @ church too. God has been so kind to us.

It's not hard for me to feel in my heart that I want to serve more and give more of my life to God, He blesses us so richly. With friends, families, home over our heads, music in our hearts.

Here's to 2010!
Till next blog (which, could be next year!)
love a.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i love the sounds of your christmas... pressies, pajams and yum yum b-fast... then jamming to the radio. very cool. very ammee and jay-like. love to you, beautiful people! miss you. em.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010