It's beginning to look a lot like ...

(This was my Christmas Present from my supervisor @ work)

Christmas!!!

I can't believe how this holiday has snuck up on me ... I realized last night when we were rehearsing for Worship on Sunday, we've been doing one Christmas Carol per week leading into our Christmas Eve service and I thought I had things all planned out, till I realized yesterday that we had covered 3 carols, had 3 more to go and Christmas Eve is literally NEXT WEEK!

Jay and I will be throwing our First EVER Holiday Huzil bash at our home. We hope to fill our little beach bungalow with 20 or so of our closest friends and just hang out ;) I don't think anything will be unruly ... I'll prob. just cherish the times and think of those who we WISH could be here with us, but are separated by distance and borders.

Work @ JC has been a FLURRY of deadlines and this week has been trying. I am struggling with my feelings (still) with my supervisor. Still hurt and sometimes bewildered at her and other times floored at how nice she really can be. (see photo, the Christmas present she gave me this morning)

With all the hustle and bustle of this time of year, I have NOT (contrary to public possible opinion) been shopping a lot, but rather, taking my life, one deadline/task-to-do at a time and been mostly preoccupied with planning for Church and Christmas Eve.

The set that I decided on is a mix of traditional carols and some bible reading, though I'm still hoping to find a really good verse from the Old Testament regarding the coming of the messiah, and I thought it might be cool to find a verse in Revelations regarding Jesus (to be read at the very beginning and end of the service respectively). Thoughts?

Just cause I'm in the mood to share -- and i SO wish that you who are steady readers of my blog could come to our church and see Jay and I and our team for Christmas Eve -- here is how it will pan out...

We open with "Do You Hear what I hear", than scripture (Matt. 1:18-22), "O Come, O Come Emmanuel", Scripture (Luke 2:8-12), than "Silent Night" (which, side bar, I am getting a young girl who has been singing on Sunday's with us to solo this ... she has a very light, but good, voice, she's only 15 but just needs to "open up" her vocals, if you know what I mean ... she's still a bit shy), Scripture (Luke 2:13-18), than we're doing "O Holy Night" (which I am singing and REALLY nervous about) at first, honestly, I didn't want to do this song, because I feel like it's one of those "female" virtuoso songs, and I certainly don't have the voice for that, however, when I was looking through Christmas Songs, there was no song that lyrically said and had the emotional intensity that I was looking for (something to really be powerful, beautiful, tell the Christmas story ... and not be cheesy!!) so, it got picked. ... Rounding out the service, the last two songs are "O Come All Ye Faithful" and Joy to the World. I really hope it turns out well ... I've been praying a lot about it...

Anyways, that's pretty much all the news from this corner of the continent for now =) I will prob. blog again before or right around Christmas time ... I'm so thankful for this year, even though there are certainly ups and downs.

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas =)

Till Next Blog ~ love, a.

Comments

Murray said…
Yes, it has been an amazing year, God is Good!

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010