First post of the New Year
Woah! time flies when you live and get older -- I am right in the middle (literally) of finishing my Break Forth deadline ... just wrapping up changes and will be sending their magazine to the printers tonight ... so needless to say, I have moments in between where I can write, post pics, blog etc ... so, well, that's what I'm doing!This last weekend we played a show on Saturday night at a club in Oceanside called "Pier View Pub/Bubs Whiskey Dive". It was most DEF. a dive ... but, it was pleasantly crowed with people and though the sound was really hideous (next to no monitor and one of those rooms that sucks the sound into various black holes) the crowd was decent. There was the typical crazy drunk, except this time it was a woman, who, besides looking right out of it, almost broke Jay's Gibson and John's Bass by deciding to fall right into them (and the table we were at, spilling drinks breaking glass and getting Kristin, our loyal photog. soaked). There was also an arrest right on the corner outside the club -- which as I write it all out, sounds a lot more exciting than it felt at the time! Really, I felt safe =)
Every show for me is a learning experience. Something always happens (or doesn't happen) that you proceed to analyze (or maybe get stuck in). For me, aside from the difficulty of singing and not really hearing myself or portions of the band -- my moment was this:
There are points when I sing at church, in worship, where I raise my hands and my very soul cries out in communion to God, in worship, in heart. For one brief second my body, soul and spirit are united in a praise song as my lips form breath that matches my inner self. It is worship --and it happened on Saturday -- I would say it's happened when we've played before, but I don't think I've ever been exactly fully conscious of it, and further more, when it occurred on Saturday night, I didn't even care. (let me explain)
Usually I feel a bit self-conscious, since we are IN a bar, with many, (almost ALL) folks who I am assuming have no relationship with God or care about Jesus or anything like that. Sometimes I get scared that they'll realize what I am singing about and then turn away or turn off their hearts, or mock me ... but Saturday, well, It was rather freeing to be honest, to just abandon myself to God and have a heart to heart with Him, right where I was standing. It was very cool!
---
We have a studio in Vista booked for Feb. 12 and 13th. We'll be recording the drums for THE album -- I am praying for every aspect of this recording. That it would be glorifying to God, not only in what it says and sounds like, but also, that through it would be woven glory to God by HOW we go about recording it. How we are to the people we are around, how we live our lives as we pursue all that we feel called to do, and all that we are asked to do. I think that's how we should live all the time anyways ... I don't think it's just me.
Till Next Blog ~ love .a.



Comments