coming up for air ...

It's been a ridiculously long time (in my eyes) since my last post, but i do have an amazingly good excuse for this lack of blogging on my part:

I have been INSANELY busy.

OK, not just busy, but the "stressed" kind of busy where you start to feel the effects on your body and at first you're trying to figure out what's going on, till you realize that your taking on your stress and it's starting to manifest itself with weird unexplainable pains and aches through your system.

All these things manifested themselves over the last two weeks as such: Two BIG freelance deadlines on the same day, PLUS a crazy schedule @ JC. We had THE CEO of Nestle (who is most technically, my bosses, boss) come visit our head office (from Switzerland) on Monday past. So, the whole week before, all the VP's were scrambling to make things "pretty", prepare presentations and such, all while last minute like, enlisting Creative Services help. Which needless to say, made my head spin after 5 solid days of stressed people asking me to help them ... stress does wear off on people ... just letting y'all know.

So, after this last Monday, my sleeping habits have finally returned to normal, I'm working out again, and just enjoying the "normal" busy pace in my life.

I had my annual performance review on Tues here @ JC ... I had been asked to do a very "corporate-like" self review, which was in turn reviewed by our Human Resources dept. and then gone over by my supervisor, and her's etc, etc. I had asked for a raise (quite a big one I guess, but one that I felt worth of) which, to make a long story short, I did not get, lol. I got a "cost of living" raise and an "on paper promotion" which I didn't even notice until after my review ... See they give you all your goods on a carefully laid out, corporate like "Self Appraisal" form, so at the top of mine now reads "Senior Graphic Designer" (as opposed to just "Graphic Designer") so, there you go, I'm getting old ;)

All that said I am VERY thankful to have a job, and even currently I'm working on our next cookbook, but taking a break to blog =)

On other random notes. Leading worship @ North O is going very well, so well in fact that they have decided to pay us, which I admit, feels REALLY weird. It's not a lot of money, but it's still money, and though most times we ARE really doing our "job" and working (administering, driving, coordinating etc, etc.) , there is still something about it that feels strange to me. But, we have had some great, powerful times of worship the last couple weeks -- which is very encouraging and I am starting to connect w/ some of the women there, which I am really thankful for too. I pray quite a bit (well, I never want to stop, really) for the services and that God would use us, speak through us, direct us and give us wisdom. It's so important to keep our lives focused.

AND -- Our BIG news =)

We go into the studio (officially!!!) THIS Friday and Saturday to start recording (officially!!) for our Album (OFFICIALLY!!) can you tell I am soo excited about this? Jay and I have put our house dreams on hold (I think they were mine anyways) and put about 2500 $$ into a new MAC and ProTools rig to help w/ editing and working on the project. We'll be recording in Vista with a fellow named Alan DiCato at his studio. I will be taking photos of course and documenting as I can -- and believe me, I have been praying about this too, for many, many days (years?).

Sometimes I need to remind myself to step back and really grasp the perspective of what this is. I feel in my heart it's so important and I believe and know that God is pleased and prob. just as excited as we are, and He can see the otherside!!

It's also made me want to step back and really analyze my lyrics and what I am saying ... so that I only utter "worthy, not worthless words". That is my heart cry right now ... and to continue to do everything in love, for if we move mountains, but have not love in our hearts, we do nothing but serve ourselves.

well, that's the (rather long) update from my end. (sigh)
feels good to type!
Till next blog! love a.

Comments

Anonymous said…
amy, reading your posts makes me amazed at all you do... and hopeful that you'll find time to rest. you're so busy, all the time! but so long as you're happy... i'm really glad they're paying you to do worship, although i can understand why that would be weird. and yay! today you go to the studio to record! your dream is unfolding amy, slowly but surely. keep believing. i love you girl! have an amazing weekend. em. ps. have you ever seen 'once'? i think you'd like it. xo

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010