Studio Day 3
Yesterday was our last day for tracking the drums in the studio before burning everything to disk and taking the "gold" home for Jay to begin playing guitar.Mike arrived early and tracked in the a.m. and then we all came by in the eve. listened to the tracks and made sure that the bass was going to come through the recording o.k. (no buzzing) since that will be the next studio session after Jay gets his Guitars done.
There seems to be so much work ahead on the project but it will be good work. and now that we've started, we can't stop =)
(here is a partial band picture in the studio, listening to the drums, Mike is at the far left, displaying what displays best -- his attitude, John and myself)
This weekend I will be trekking up to Riverside County w/ our worship team to do some training at a Southern California Worship Music Workshop (reminds me of a small Break Forth, tho, no one knows what that is down here) It's so neat to see the guys that we've been worshipping with for the last couple months beginning to get confident in their playing, so I'm excited for them that they'll get some good motivation and worship this Saturday =) (Hopefully, I will too!! lol)
This morning I had a bit of a wake up call (literally I think in a spiritual way) and I'll leave you with this -- in a nut shell, it brings me back to the importance of God's Word and just diving into that -- because that is our life line. Till Next Blog ~ love a.
"This morning, Lord
forgive me this, for when I heard
your still small voice whisper
to love and cherish your word
to write it upon my lonely heart
to meditate and treasure ~
for grass withers and flowers fade
but the word of God stands forever
My heart was willing
but my flesh was weak
so I listened instead ~
to the noisy drum beats of my earthly life
rattle in my head
Lord, forgive me"
Comments