All Missionaries...

Before I dive into this blog post I just have to say I am SO excited to get away in just two days!!! Jay and I will be driving to the Grand Canyon and just enjoying nature and God's good earth and everything in between. Work for me has seemed tedious now that I am waiting to go =) But, all good things come to those who wait, so here I sit and wait!

Had a very good weekend. Sunday worship was wonderful. It was just Jay and myself and our friend fellow Dave, who is just the sweetest guy, and who plays bass pretty much ALL the time. it was wonderful and intimate and refreshing, Tho, I don't mind, and always enjoy worshiping with the team, sometimes it's nice to just do something smaller, because then I'm not thinking (or rather, worrying) about whether people are going to follow me if I go somewhere, or not etc. etc.

Anyways ,this weekends service was on how Jesus came to seek and save the lost. Which is basic information if you are studying in the faith. But what hit me during the talk was something the precher said (it's not our regular pastor still, he is sort of on temporary leave at present because of Little Chris's continuing battle with Cancer). He mentioned that when he was in seminary school, he was the only student who was NOT employed full time @ a church. He had a white collar job at some kind of firm, but yet, he considered himself a missionary there, because he worked with many (if not all) who were not Believers.

I guess it hit me so hard because I realized that I am a missionary here too. Not of course in the traditional sense, but here in Complete and Utter Corporate America, here I sit, 5 days a week, trying to share the light to many women who would not even consider Spirituality perhaps, but who would talk to me (because they want to, or maybe because they have to!) I was encouraged.

It helps me to process and be thankful for sitting in my fluorescent lit cube while my supervisor consistently cuts my work, steals my projects or pokes fun at what I wear. Because if Jesus came to seek and save the lost, then I am his "fishing line" here in this building, seeking people of peace and all the things that I encounter in the meantime are not in vain. Perhaps they are here to build me stronger, to Lead me further into His presence and understanding. I really don't want to be here long, however, I suppose I'll be here as long as I need to be.

A Vacation will be good! I will take a TON of pictures (literally) =))

Till next Blog ~ love a.

Comments

Mommy Emily said…
i so love your heart, your big, beautiful servant heart, ammee. and i'm SO glad you're taking a vacation. can't wait to see photos! the grand canyon is one of my favourite places on earth. love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010