Happy Easter
We celebrated Easter (well, technically, we are still celebrating) by doing Church this morning. Planned our first Easter Service, it was pretty music heavy I guess, but the guys handled it well, and I had Jay, so that makes all things a lot more bearable =) We sang (special for Easter) a song called lead me to the Cross, and read a poem that I wrote for the day -- I hope that things went over well.
The Cross
A weapon
Punishment, Pain
Brutal and Bloody
Dishonor and Shame
Wounded. Weakness.
Alone. Defeat.
One nail though each hand
One nail though His feet
Hanging. Heavy.
Naked. Alone.
Weeping for the World.
Abandoned by His Own
Darkness. Silence.
Last Breath. It is Finished
A Storm.
The Veil was Torn
Turning Point
Sin Diminished
Water. Blood.
Spilling from His side.
Body of God.
A King Crucified
Laid in a Tomb
Garden of Grief
Sealed with a stone
Crushing Belief
Turning Point
To Morning
The stone—Rolled away
No Body. No Death
Son Risen
A New Day
The Cross: A Symbol
Of Life. Sacrifice
Conquering over Death
Trouble and Strife
The Cross: The way
to hope, to salvation
Life, now eternal
No more condemnation
Divine. Amazing
Impossible love
A Gift: The Cross
A kiss from above
Peace for the world
Freedom from Pain
God’s only Son crushed
But risen again
Turning Point
It is Finished
No more sin
No more death
Turning Point
Death to Life
Dark to light
Eternal Breath
I feel like I am still struggling to "fit in" at our church. It's strange to not only be attending a church where we don't really live and have no neighborhood or initial friend contacts, but also being such an integral part of it. I need to keep reminding myself (or maybe just settling in the fact and "knowing") that this is where God wants me to be right now. It's really not about me, as much as I would love to think it is. But we are obviously there for a reason. I need to be faithful.
And I am thankful ~ I'm making an Easter Ham now (it's in the Oven) with some "quickly" scalloped potatoes and some veggies. And Jay and I will just hang out and spend Sunday Eve. with each other.
I was able to FINALLY purchase a new computer (MACBook Pro) and software (CS4) for my freelance, but I've yet to transfer everything over to the new system yet ;P ... Seems I guess that will take a bit more time than I had thought. But it's wonderful to have a machine I can rely on and not feel like it's going to completely croak any moment. (I am blogging from it right now, actually)
Only other news is a pretty timely earthquake we had today. (Easter). It was measured as a 7.2 magnitude about 110 miles south of us in Mexico, but we felt it. And I have to say, it was a VERY different quake then I've felt yet. It was long (at least 30 seconds) and I was in our bathroom pinning my hair and all of a sudden noticed our shower door rattle, then two seconds later rattle again, then all of a sudden it kept rattling and I looked at our shower head and sure enough, it was swaying too, at which point both Jay and I were heading for our door and outside (since that's where they say you should go. The strangest thing about the quake was that the ones we've felt in the past were pretty jolty and really short, this one literally felt like it was rolling. (like if you were standing on a boat in choppy waves, or on one of those fair fun houses where you have to try to walk but they have the sliders under you that makes it hard to go forward). Our swimming pool outside looked like a bucket that someone had kicked really hard and water was sloshing about. The shaking lasted till most all our neighbors were outside and then it stopped. We've had a couple aftershocks since, but each getting smaller.
Brings new meaning and thought to me when I think of the verse in the Bible where it talks about how there was a great earthquake and an Angel came down from heaven like lightning and rolled the stone away.
He is Risen indeed!
Till Next Blog ~ love a.
(PS -- here is the poem I wrote that we read in church today)
The Cross
A weapon
Punishment, Pain
Brutal and Bloody
Dishonor and Shame
Wounded. Weakness.
Alone. Defeat.
One nail though each hand
One nail though His feet
Hanging. Heavy.
Naked. Alone.
Weeping for the World.
Abandoned by His Own
Darkness. Silence.
Last Breath. It is Finished
A Storm.
The Veil was Torn
Turning Point
Sin Diminished
Water. Blood.
Spilling from His side.
Body of God.
A King Crucified
Laid in a Tomb
Garden of Grief
Sealed with a stone
Crushing Belief
Turning Point
To Morning
The stone—Rolled away
No Body. No Death
Son Risen
A New Day
The Cross: A Symbol
Of Life. Sacrifice
Conquering over Death
Trouble and Strife
The Cross: The way
to hope, to salvation
Life, now eternal
No more condemnation
Divine. Amazing
Impossible love
A Gift: The Cross
A kiss from above
Peace for the world
Freedom from Pain
God’s only Son crushed
But risen again
Turning Point
It is Finished
No more sin
No more death
Turning Point
Death to Life
Dark to light
Eternal Breath
Comments