And they Worshipped ...
This Sunday was our first Sunday of corporate worship @ our church plant, without "LC" (Little Chris). Our Pastor's son (who is also named Chris) who battled a very rare and aggressive cancer for seven months and was finally brought home on last Friday.
I wasn't sure how our people would be. Would the mood be somber, tearful, quiet, non-existent? And who would come? Would some stay home because of grieving? I had prepared a somewhat different order of service, in anticipation for the mood, but not sure what to expect and not really sure exactly how I felt either. I was heavy.
You can guess I was very surprised when we arrived at 7:45 in the morning at the school to see that Pastor Chris himself was there. This Pastor, husband and father who had just said his final goodbye this side of heaven, to his 16 month old son. Was at his church. He was not alone, he had brought the whole family. His wife June and their two daughters, and some inlaws.
And they worshiped.
He and his wife, sat, second row. June by herself and Chris holding their youngest, Mikena. They stood side by side as the music rolling on, holding up their hands, closing their eyes and worshiping their father in Heaven. I kept peaking out from my eye lids every once in a while and just kept thinking to myself, as long as I kept pouring myself out before the Lord, and they did too, we were good.
I am humbled by their maturity and gracefulness. And I am learning about what our faith really means. Can we believe what we learn, what we sing. Can we trust that God will hold us. Sometimes, though I love the Lord with all my heart, it is hard for me to really grasp that when I do pass over to the otherside, I will really see Jesus. Such a doubting Thomas I am.
This is helping me to believe and to touch my Saviours wounded hands all the more, because really, what else is there, if you do not have faith?
Till Next Blog ~ love, a.
I wasn't sure how our people would be. Would the mood be somber, tearful, quiet, non-existent? And who would come? Would some stay home because of grieving? I had prepared a somewhat different order of service, in anticipation for the mood, but not sure what to expect and not really sure exactly how I felt either. I was heavy.
You can guess I was very surprised when we arrived at 7:45 in the morning at the school to see that Pastor Chris himself was there. This Pastor, husband and father who had just said his final goodbye this side of heaven, to his 16 month old son. Was at his church. He was not alone, he had brought the whole family. His wife June and their two daughters, and some inlaws.
And they worshiped.
He and his wife, sat, second row. June by herself and Chris holding their youngest, Mikena. They stood side by side as the music rolling on, holding up their hands, closing their eyes and worshiping their father in Heaven. I kept peaking out from my eye lids every once in a while and just kept thinking to myself, as long as I kept pouring myself out before the Lord, and they did too, we were good.
I am humbled by their maturity and gracefulness. And I am learning about what our faith really means. Can we believe what we learn, what we sing. Can we trust that God will hold us. Sometimes, though I love the Lord with all my heart, it is hard for me to really grasp that when I do pass over to the otherside, I will really see Jesus. Such a doubting Thomas I am.
This is helping me to believe and to touch my Saviours wounded hands all the more, because really, what else is there, if you do not have faith?
Till Next Blog ~ love, a.
Comments