Mountains and Valleys
The last couple days have been emotional and bittersweet.
As Jay and I have been progressing on the album, he's finally finished guitar work and it's now officially my turn to begin recording vocals, first the minor stuff at home, and then a series of studio dates for the real stuff. I am anticipatory, excited and nervous at the prospect. I have been preparing myself physically, vocally and mentally and I still don't know if I am completely prepared. I continue to pray and I am hopeful.
The Bitter side was this weekend we found out that LC (little Chris, our pastor's child who has been battling cancer the last 6 months) will be going home to hospice care today. The cancer has been very aggressive, not responding to chemo therapies. LC has undergone radiation treatments (usually not done on children so young) as a last attempt to see if the cancer would shrink, but it has not, in fact it has spread and one of the cancers has ruptured, causing internal bleeding, which they have been unable to stop. The news carries with it many tears and today Pastor Chris called me (in his words) to see if we can sing/play at the service, if/when it occurs, he's calling now while he can still talk and think clearly.
I am without many words, but mostly tears. I cannot imagine what they are going through and it's forced me to look for God in this situation. Where is God in times like these? When everyone prays for a miracle for a Pastor's Son, why do they seem to go unanswered? And when do you stop asking for healing? In my heart I am confused, so many cling to a miracle still praying for him, and I do still, but at the same time I am forced to ask, as it seems this little boy is being taken home, how do you pray? I just continue to hold the whole family in prayer, that they would continue to be comforted and given peace in the extremely difficult situation.
So, I continue to hold onto Jesus as I watch this family walk through this valley and I know that at some point soon, they will be on the other side, looking down and knowing that they came through because of His Love.
Till Next Blog ~
love a.
As Jay and I have been progressing on the album, he's finally finished guitar work and it's now officially my turn to begin recording vocals, first the minor stuff at home, and then a series of studio dates for the real stuff. I am anticipatory, excited and nervous at the prospect. I have been preparing myself physically, vocally and mentally and I still don't know if I am completely prepared. I continue to pray and I am hopeful.
The Bitter side was this weekend we found out that LC (little Chris, our pastor's child who has been battling cancer the last 6 months) will be going home to hospice care today. The cancer has been very aggressive, not responding to chemo therapies. LC has undergone radiation treatments (usually not done on children so young) as a last attempt to see if the cancer would shrink, but it has not, in fact it has spread and one of the cancers has ruptured, causing internal bleeding, which they have been unable to stop. The news carries with it many tears and today Pastor Chris called me (in his words) to see if we can sing/play at the service, if/when it occurs, he's calling now while he can still talk and think clearly.
I am without many words, but mostly tears. I cannot imagine what they are going through and it's forced me to look for God in this situation. Where is God in times like these? When everyone prays for a miracle for a Pastor's Son, why do they seem to go unanswered? And when do you stop asking for healing? In my heart I am confused, so many cling to a miracle still praying for him, and I do still, but at the same time I am forced to ask, as it seems this little boy is being taken home, how do you pray? I just continue to hold the whole family in prayer, that they would continue to be comforted and given peace in the extremely difficult situation.
So, I continue to hold onto Jesus as I watch this family walk through this valley and I know that at some point soon, they will be on the other side, looking down and knowing that they came through because of His Love.
Till Next Blog ~
love a.
Comments