Birthdays past -- dreams ahead

We celebrated Jay's 37th Birthday on his REAL day, last Friday. It didn't occur to me to take any pictures on Friday night -- actually, that's sort of a lie, because it did cross my mind, but at the same time as I thought of it, I rebelled a little inside of myself, against all the Facebook and photo-sharing instant smiles and "look how much fun we're having" and I just thought, screw that, we're going to have fun, and simply REMEMBER our friends, hanging out and everything wonderful that Jay's 37th Birthday party was.
We had, all together about 25 people over, to share food, friendship, and of course CAKE (and Momma H -- I DID make instant Jello cheesecake, no bake w/ canned cherry pie filling on top - though I doubt it's a good as you could have made it, it was Jay's little Birthday surprise ;)
I didn't get him any presents, just the party and my "OK" on the motorcycle (which I think was, therapeutically, more for me than him!) ...(see photo)
anyways, my week has been obnoxiously busy, so I am trying to stay afloat amidst 3 deadlines, but the VERY good news is I FINALLY got my first studio date w/ Alan for the album. I'll be going in this Friday to begin laying tracks ... I have no idea how long it will take, but it will most likely go through the evenings, tho I have Friday off so it seemed perfect timing to get things going. Please keep me in mind for prayer through this whole process -- for health (vocal and otherwise) while I sing, for discernment, for my voice to be strong (physically AND spiritually) that God would sing through me and we would lay the Spirit in on this record. I really just want to be a vessel, an earthly outpouring of the spirits message. Also, prayer for me to be strong though all my graphic deadlines too ... seems there is so much to do, and I'm the only one to do it, and sometimes I don't know how I will get it all done, but I do.
Thank you for thinking of me!
I will keep you posted to progress for sure -- Love you! Till Next Blog ~
love, a.
Comments