Post #300 ~ Waiting is Hard
Waiting is hard.
At this present time, I find myself, inbetween moments in life. Having finished the recording of the album has left this strange yearning hole in me to just have it completed. And even then, not really knowing or understanding what my expectations for it are. Wanting to be humble about it, but at the same time, wanting it to have the success that I feel it deserves. And all through this, now that our "part" is officially finished, now we are called to wait. Because we have to.
We are now waiting for others to do their magic, and pour out their expertise into our offering. I am one day into it. And I am already impatient!! LOL I make myself laugh as I type that. Maybe it's just Monday blues too. I am having such a hard time here at work today. Just feel sort of "blah" I know it will pass.
At church we've been talking about "Life Verses". Verses that come from God, to your heart, in a season of life. I have had a couple diff. ones over the years, but the one that was given to me a couple weeks ago (which i have tactfully placed in my cube, so I can see it, but no one else really can except if you were literally sitting in my chair) is Phil 2:3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility, consider others better than yourselves..." I have actually put that whole section of scripture up (Phil 2: 1-18), and the one verse that stuck out to me this morning as I read it was "Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose".
I can be SUCH a complainer (!!) I know this. God is trying to teach me to be content in all things, in all situations, for I am still working out my salvation, as I will be until the day I die. I am working it out when I am worshiping in front of our congregation, and I am working it out, when I sit in my cubical, willing the slow minutes to pass so I can go home. I am working it out when I show kindness to a stranger, and I am working it out when I pray with a friend, or alone.
I am disappointed at my inconsistency. My human nature.
God, change my heart so that I shine like the stars in the universe, for your glory. So that even as nature reflects and glorifies their creator through their very existence, so do I.
Canada is just 2.5 weeks away!
Till next blog ~
love, a.
At this present time, I find myself, inbetween moments in life. Having finished the recording of the album has left this strange yearning hole in me to just have it completed. And even then, not really knowing or understanding what my expectations for it are. Wanting to be humble about it, but at the same time, wanting it to have the success that I feel it deserves. And all through this, now that our "part" is officially finished, now we are called to wait. Because we have to.
We are now waiting for others to do their magic, and pour out their expertise into our offering. I am one day into it. And I am already impatient!! LOL I make myself laugh as I type that. Maybe it's just Monday blues too. I am having such a hard time here at work today. Just feel sort of "blah" I know it will pass.
At church we've been talking about "Life Verses". Verses that come from God, to your heart, in a season of life. I have had a couple diff. ones over the years, but the one that was given to me a couple weeks ago (which i have tactfully placed in my cube, so I can see it, but no one else really can except if you were literally sitting in my chair) is Phil 2:3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility, consider others better than yourselves..." I have actually put that whole section of scripture up (Phil 2: 1-18), and the one verse that stuck out to me this morning as I read it was "Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose".
I can be SUCH a complainer (!!) I know this. God is trying to teach me to be content in all things, in all situations, for I am still working out my salvation, as I will be until the day I die. I am working it out when I am worshiping in front of our congregation, and I am working it out, when I sit in my cubical, willing the slow minutes to pass so I can go home. I am working it out when I show kindness to a stranger, and I am working it out when I pray with a friend, or alone.
I am disappointed at my inconsistency. My human nature.
God, change my heart so that I shine like the stars in the universe, for your glory. So that even as nature reflects and glorifies their creator through their very existence, so do I.
Canada is just 2.5 weeks away!
Till next blog ~
love, a.
Comments