Refections on the Studio



Well, as of last night, official recording for our album is DONE! We had scheduled the, hoping to be last, session for last night and it went well. We only had one song left anyways, so not much but I did have a couple, rather challenging parts left over from other songs to complete. Now that I can look back in hindsight -- the overwhelming feeling is just thankfulness.


To be able to have the experience of going into a professional studio in the first place, let alone, to be able to track and record original music, that is of my very soul and divine inspiration -- I do not take it lightly. I have tried to bathe the whole experience in prayer and preparation, and I can only continue to pray and hope that I have made my Father proud.

The studio was also very challenging. There is so much difference when you sing with the intention to be pleasing (as you do with live performance) as opposed to singing with perfection (or as close as you can come) while maintaining the energy and emotion that comes from your heart. It's a delicate balance. Just to share a little trick that did in the studio -- to get my brain and heart "in the zone" -- when the song would start, I would literally imagine what our music video might look like for the song that I was singing. Where it would be, what we would be doing and what stuff would look like ... I think it sort of worked (lol) we'll see. I am so excited to share our music (soon, oh so very soon!!) with our family and friends -- this is such a labour of love and art and we want it to be just right.

We will be giving one track (called Find Myself) to three different guys to give us their take on mixing and mastering, to see which one we like best and then will prob. get that fellow to do the whole job. It will be costly, but I am expecting to be knocked off my rocker with what it will sound like.

Otherwise, Summer has finally arrived here in San Diego county. The June Gloom which was holding onto us with it's gray misty hands finally broke last Tuesday, now it is sunshine, surf and ocean sunsets that melt your heart.

I am thankful, so thankful -- I feel like dreams are beginning to come true.

Till Next Blog.
love, a.

Comments

Mommy Emily said…
oh girl, yay! my heart sings with yours. xo

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010