Studio and Photo


So, just wanted to give a quick update regarding the studio -- I had made the date w/ Alan (our producer) for Friday @ 11 -- however, if any of you have been following the recording saga with us, you will know that we have encountered VERY curious obstacles ... the first studio date we had his WHOLE computer crashed, so we were down for a week ... yesterday when I arrived we began to import all the tracks we had completed at home and Alan got a text from his wife that their dog (who had been doing not so well the whole week) had just barfed up blood and she was in tears and we had to cut it short so he could rush Jaycey to the vet (so, not tracking yet) ... I drove home, only to get a call about an hour and a half later to say, yes, return, the dog is looking good ... so, back I went.

We completed (almost, with the exception of just a couple individual parts that we'll come back to) 5 whole songs -- Jay was with me and we spent a solid 5 hours. It was pretty steady work for me, and I was exhausted when I finished. Really I feel like it all went by so fast, there is nothing that stands out to me at present because I haven't really had a chance to listen back to anything (aside from listening back directly afterward) ... but I do appreciate all the prayers, we DEF. need them! And I will be going back to (finish? not sure) next Friday the 9th.

One thing that has been a challenge for me, is that though I have recorded before, I have never recorded the amount of intensity/agression/heavy yelling before ... it's difficult to stay on pitch when you are forcing that much energy out of your body -- but I am learning and the whole experience is really so wonderful ... I thank God that we are where we are at right now. It is only because He has placed us here and we are stepping out in faith that these things can even begin to happen. So, I praise Him.



On another note, our bass players' Fiancé Kristen took some photos of me a couple weeks ago, to build her portfolio but also with the thought that we might use them for the Album ... we'll still do a new band photo shoot ... anyways, I thought I would post some of my fav's from what she took -- she is quite artistic and has a good eye, it was a privilege to "model" for her.

Thanks for reading -- it is Saturday morning, I'm going to make myself a latté, some breakfast and just chill (yah, prob. do a bit of work too!! lol) but chill nonetheless =)

Till Next Blog!
love, a.

Comments

Mommy Emily said…
you're so beautiful ammee....

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010