A Star Spangled September
See -- I told you I wouldn't wait as long to blog!! The summer seemed to fly right by my face really. Today will be an interesting day. It already is, as I am dealing with a slight stomach bug. I spent the last night in "fever delerium" in sweats and cold ... but I reeeeely wanted to be able to make it in today. If it was any other day, believe me, I would have called in sick, but like I said previous. today will be something else.
On Monday I had the director of PR for JC stop me on the stairs and invite me to a particular party in Hollywood (!). I guess she had gotten some invites for OK! Magazine's 5th Birthday Party Bash at a swanky restaurant/lounge in Hollywood called LA Vida. So of course, I accepted!!
I'm super excited as there is sure to be some celebs there -- except that I am now under the weather slightly, but I'm not going to let that stop me! I'll be armed w/ a cute cocktail dress, some black stilettos and my iPhone camera ... it's pretty unreal feeling so far.
My thoughts have ranged on what the experience will be. On one hand I'm super excited too see what something like this is like. I mean, this event is one of "those" events where they snap the pics of celebrities posing and partying, it's going to be surreal. On the other hand it makes me think of what my view of it all should be, as a Christian. And I think of Jesus, who died on a cross for EVERYONE who calls on His name. I think of the material and riches and these modern day Kings and Queens who inspired worldy "worship" and I caution my heart not to covet or judge. For they are all just people, created fearfully and wonderfully.
I am praying for this perspective and for my stomach to settle =) And I WILL be posting some pics!!
Till Next Blog!
love, a.
Comments