"Don't Wannabees"

This last Wednesday two girls from work and myself went to a "C-list" celebrity event/party for OK! Magazine. It was in Hollywood, on Sunset Blvd. and was QUITE the deal. There was a red carpet at the entrance set up (we didn't get to walk on it!) and inside was very luxurious and pretty much all I would have expected from such a set up.
Lots of "young" and up and coming Hollywood were in attendance as well as a few Reality TV stars, some playboy playmates and a couple bands, I've never heard of. In fact, I recognized NO ONE (haha) -- really shows how "in touch" I am with what's going on in pop culture right now. The girls I were with from work (KT and M) were spotting peeps left and right and they had a blast and got pics taken with those they knew... I just sat back, older gently approving sister, and watched.
Afterall, if there was one thing that I took away from this thing, it would be this: This scene is glorified people watching. It's a bunch of "beautiful people" looking at other beautiful people to a) see if they know them, and b) see if anyone knows who they are. It's bizarre, and comical and surreal.
The highlight for me (aside from a VERY good DJ and some dancers who probably ARE in music videos stealing the dance floor) was at the end of the night, we spotted a young blond fellow, very handsome who (of course) looked "familiar" to us all ... KT was insistent we snap a picture with him --afterall, we knew he was from somewhere, just couldn't put our finger on it (I thought dancing w/ the stars? or TV correspondent from some ET show), so KT (she worked the room the entire night by the way) asked politely and we all posed.
the next day we were going through pics at work and we sent the shot to our PR firm to identify this Hollywood John Doe -- and do you know who he turned out to be????
Nobody Famous!! Somebody pretty much as famous as me, haha! So now we have this shot with who knows who, who was probably completely tickled to get his picture taken with three cute chicks!! lol
THAT my friends is pretty much the theme of that night. A bunch of Hollywood pretties and wannabee's ... well, I DON'T wannabe, like them anyways.


I felt back in my own skin at the beach today. Watching the waves and staring out into the foggy mystery of noontime. I'm not feeling my best this week. Bombarded with a stomach flu and now a chest thing of somekind -- I'm just looking forward to rest -- thank GOD it's a long weekend. I need it!

Till Next Blog! love, a.

Comments

Mommy Emily said…
wow you feel sooo far away from me right now... in a life i don't know... but it sounds fascinating, and yet, it makes me miss you and our ordinary lln dates at timmies where we were famous in each other's eyes :)... xo
.a. said…
We ARE famous in each other's eyes' aren't we???? lol

I love you and miss our timmy dates too ... I still have a bag of fuzzy peaches here I am saving for a rainy winter day.

hugs to you sister!

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010