Evidence of Angels

{preface: there is not a tremendous amount of talk in the Bible about Angels -- though there is def. some. Mostly either delivering a message/judgments or reference to "the Angel of the Lord", who according to some theologists refers to Jesus before he came as a man and changed eternity. The following is not meant for serious debate or as fact but as just an opinionated poem. Afterall, if we reference demons' there are also angels}



The Ocean at peace with itself for the moment, tides temperate and dripping low -- kissing the flat ground. Sands of a thousand years holding oceans tears, the salt, the season coming to a close before the rains.

And the wind softly soaked beauty over the flats; and feathers caught up, caught the ground for a moment. Traveling this earth apart from what they once were, now just evidence of wings.



Wings that are free, wings that caught the breeze and currents and floated or fought the weather. Wings that brushed the ground, rested on waves, wrestled for food, kept young warm. Wings that have known cold, felt sun, felt heat of life. Now sprinkled like heavenly confetti for my eyes to see.



And I think of what I do not see. The wings of fire that will not burn flesh, the feathers of angels moving, spirit existing among us. Breathing His life, not our worlds oxygen. And I wonder, why give angels wings in our dreams, maybe only this: His inspired instinct to remind our earthy clay bodies that one day, we could fly ~ if we tried.

Comments

I loved your poem! If we look close, there are plenty of angels in the Bible, ministering to those who would inherit salvation. We can't expect anything less. Oh how He loves us! Blessings. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010