Giving Thanks

(this photo taken at our drummer Mikes' birthday party two weeks ago. We played four songs for about 75 of his "closest" friends, and his sister (who also celebrates her birthday the same week) had her photographer there, some cute shots were snapped ... this included so you don't forget what we look like, haha!)

So, beginning on the 20th of November, Jay and I began the annual "remembrance" our Exodus to the United States. Every year, I marvel how God brought us down here for such a time as this. Little did we know that when we were leaving in our car, packed with our lives, materials and otherwise, that we would have a National Holiday to help commemorate this event =)

American Thanksgiving (which is pretty much a religious holiday here) was yesterday. We went to some "friend-strangers" home and shared a meal, I baked some bread and a dessert to share and we sat with Cedrick (our mixing engineer/producer) his girlfriend, and the whole family who he lives with. In my mind it's almost very fitting for us to spend this time with strangers, people we have never met and some who we will never see again. It is the theme of our time here it seems, even after four years, we are still aliens trying to fit into the American fabric.

Today is called Black Friday here, a day that is similar to Canadians "Boxing Day" but where people venture out pretty much in the middle of the night to get ridiculous deals ... I think the whole prospect is a bit ridiculous -- it creates even more of a consumeristic frenzy that takes us further from the beautiful meaning and truth of this time of year. So, as I prepare my heart and think of what we will do for Christmas this year, I need to pull myself down to focus on these things.

There isn't much more to share I guess. Just wanted you all to know I haven't dropped off the face of this blog! Haha, just busy. I have a Christmas Eve service to plan and prepare (please pray for me and us) lots of freelance to fulfill, a couple really cool jobs (one is a logo design for a missions ministry called Lion Chasers -- more to come on that one forsure!) and some stuff for our church too. Of course, preparations for the holidays here and also a VERY special visitor for New Years and the New Year (!!! yay Murray!).

On the band front, we are hoping to get another song in the "almost finished" bucket while Cedrick is here, before he has to fly back to Dallas on Sunday night. The whole process still feels like it's taking forever, but I know that it's God's timing, and He is asking us to trust Him ... and I do.

I am so thankful, I can't even begin to list or describe how amazing God has been to us, how he continues to bring us through circumstances, and show's his love and faithfulness. Answered prayers ... I guess to try to sum up this time, the word IS truly Thankful. What amazing providence that we should have ventured out at this time of year. I will write more next week.

Till Next Blog! love, a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010