The Mystery, the Gift and Great Expecation


Seeming as it's so close to Christmas, and now that Jay and I live so far away, we are forced (when I say we, I mean me) to plan ahead quite a bit. If my gifts of Christmas to my family have any hope of making their way to their tree's before December 25th, I need to mail them far in advance. I'm happy to say I was pretty on the ball this year. I got my mom's gift out last Saturday -- just to give you some perspective, last year I sent her gift in March, not kidding.

So I'm feeling pretty good about things. My mom called me on Monday to say that she too, had sent my gift(s) in the mail -- last year, she also sent them in March. So I guess it pays to plan ahead! And it's special because now enters the "great expectation". The longing and looking forward to receiving her presents is magnified because of distance and separation, and though I know they will not be some spectacular expensive "thing", I know they will be filled with care and love and thought for me, and that's what matters. It's a small way that we can be together during this season, even though we are so far apart.

As I was running this morning, and mulling all these things in my head a curious thought came to me. (here is the gear switch). We cannot even conceive the mysteries of God, the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven are revealed to us piece by piece, slowly through our whole lives, and perhaps when we pass on, even THEN we won't know all His glorious character. BUT, I think as Christians, we can live in this "great Expectation" of His good gifts everyday. I would go so far as to even say, it can be a component of what our worship, or maybe rather, a way that our worship can manifest itself.

To know that He loves me, that He is preparing all of us to be His bride, that the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand -- who can comprehend even one of those statements. But to know that part of the mystery of God, is in fact, HIS mystery that we can be in awe of. That we know because of Jesus, our most precious gift from the Father, we can look forward to waking one day, to HIS light and experiencing maybe just a portion of His fullness.

It will be a true CHRIST-MAS in eternity. That is something to ponder and wait upon with great expectations. As our Christmas season approaches, I encourage you to think upon what true, good and perfect meaning there is in this season.

Till Next Blog ~ love a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010