Expressions
So, I am obviously still in "digesting" mode from this last weekend.
Every time I share my NAMM experience with people, I tell the story, sometimes two or three experiences, sometimes the whole weekend, sometimes just one thing. And when I recap the stories again, they reveal to me, more and more about my heart and where I am in life right now with work/band/art and spirit. I think the thing that is hitting me today, is how NAMM inspired me. I wasn't really expecting that, at least not expecting it, the way it's manifesting itself.
Through the experiences of this last weekend, I wrote more spontaneous poetry (into my iPhone) than I have in the last oh, I don't know, YEARS! And here is the super sad part -- it's not even that much!! (haha!!) But, what I madly scrawled (well, texted) in a busy dank dark restroom and a warm, crowded concert hall may have just lit the fire of my word-smithing more than I realize.
Now, I am not satisfied with living without expression. Like sitting here (@ office) day after day had slowly been leaking the oxygen away from my little creative spark till it was just content to sit idle -- now I feel like there are all these words that just want to come pouring out. And not because it's artistic or because I am writing for the sake of expression. More so, I feel like they want to come out, because my soul has been so smitten with what I saw, what the experience was and what life could be, what life IS.
All these things wrapped up in my Faith, how I see myself, how I should see myself. How God, creator of heaven and earth sees all of us.
I am learning ~ I am thankful. And writing ~ may I be faithful.
Till Next Blog!
~ love a.
Every time I share my NAMM experience with people, I tell the story, sometimes two or three experiences, sometimes the whole weekend, sometimes just one thing. And when I recap the stories again, they reveal to me, more and more about my heart and where I am in life right now with work/band/art and spirit. I think the thing that is hitting me today, is how NAMM inspired me. I wasn't really expecting that, at least not expecting it, the way it's manifesting itself.
Through the experiences of this last weekend, I wrote more spontaneous poetry (into my iPhone) than I have in the last oh, I don't know, YEARS! And here is the super sad part -- it's not even that much!! (haha!!) But, what I madly scrawled (well, texted) in a busy dank dark restroom and a warm, crowded concert hall may have just lit the fire of my word-smithing more than I realize.
Now, I am not satisfied with living without expression. Like sitting here (@ office) day after day had slowly been leaking the oxygen away from my little creative spark till it was just content to sit idle -- now I feel like there are all these words that just want to come pouring out. And not because it's artistic or because I am writing for the sake of expression. More so, I feel like they want to come out, because my soul has been so smitten with what I saw, what the experience was and what life could be, what life IS.
All these things wrapped up in my Faith, how I see myself, how I should see myself. How God, creator of heaven and earth sees all of us.
I am learning ~ I am thankful. And writing ~ may I be faithful.
Till Next Blog!
~ love a.
Comments