How to Stay Humble?
Sometimes, now more often than others, I entertain the feeling that I am on the verge of something very large, much larger than me. That all these years of working and waiting and praying, seeking and following the dreams -- will soon look like living them.
That we will be breathing in a tour bus and European air. That we will smell the dust and dirt and electricity of a stage being set up, that we will sound check and be so loud that our songs will vibrate clothing and skin and the music will be more than just hearing but feeling and seeing, not just for us but for others.
That the crowd will roar and deafen even the notes we play ~ that we will be pouring out worship and sweat and tears and melody on stages big and small. That we will live in a strange, gypsy-like community, travelers with music, and minister with action and depth to those that seek to hear, and those who don't.
Sometimes I feel like I can reach out and touch it. More and more i feel like that. But along with that I also wonder... I think of the Lord. Of who He is. I think, how can I still serve Him with song, am I still listening, and how will I listen to His still small voice, when mine sounds so big. How can I stay this little girl inside, breathing, singing woman on the outside, God loving and fearing and serving in my heart. How will we be able to worship on a tour bus with others who do not see, do not believe. How can I exhibit Christ to so many, when I feel like I have a hard time following Him myself.
Is there a place for Humility on this road?
I desperately want there to be. It's only in this that I will be able to stay pure and follow Him. It's this constant dieing to self, giving up my own selfish thoughts and desires that I can still see Him.
Please pray with me and for me that, no matter what happens and where we serve Him, whether it be in front of thousands of world worshipers or a handful of His children, that I will stay focused on Him. Walk closely with Him and be Humble.
Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. "
Till Next Blog ~
love, a.
That we will be breathing in a tour bus and European air. That we will smell the dust and dirt and electricity of a stage being set up, that we will sound check and be so loud that our songs will vibrate clothing and skin and the music will be more than just hearing but feeling and seeing, not just for us but for others.
That the crowd will roar and deafen even the notes we play ~ that we will be pouring out worship and sweat and tears and melody on stages big and small. That we will live in a strange, gypsy-like community, travelers with music, and minister with action and depth to those that seek to hear, and those who don't.
Sometimes I feel like I can reach out and touch it. More and more i feel like that. But along with that I also wonder... I think of the Lord. Of who He is. I think, how can I still serve Him with song, am I still listening, and how will I listen to His still small voice, when mine sounds so big. How can I stay this little girl inside, breathing, singing woman on the outside, God loving and fearing and serving in my heart. How will we be able to worship on a tour bus with others who do not see, do not believe. How can I exhibit Christ to so many, when I feel like I have a hard time following Him myself.
Is there a place for Humility on this road?
I desperately want there to be. It's only in this that I will be able to stay pure and follow Him. It's this constant dieing to self, giving up my own selfish thoughts and desires that I can still see Him.
Please pray with me and for me that, no matter what happens and where we serve Him, whether it be in front of thousands of world worshipers or a handful of His children, that I will stay focused on Him. Walk closely with Him and be Humble.
Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. "
Till Next Blog ~
love, a.
Comments