Coming back from off the radar

Wow, sorry for the huge lag!!! I was going to try to wait exactly one month but I got a call from a wonderful friend yesterday (Murray) that guilted me (haha!!! not completely -- more like just kicked my butt into gear) into getting back on here and writing a bit.  There are reasons that I won't go into for the lag, and reasons that I will ~ I have just come through a very busy time (personal, obviously) and work and I've been waiting for the oportune time to dive back into things ... now seems like it.

Here is a quick update from the Huzil front =)

Things with my Dad are still going well.  We have calmed down a bit from talking and texting so often, but I find myself missing him when we don't for a couple days.  But this kind of relationship is really pretty strange to navigate and begin.  It's so instant and yet, so new all at the same time.
(Everyone, here is my most favorite pic, so far, of my dad, I think it shows he quirky personality and his eyes, which are like mine =) or mine like his I guess -- he sent this to me on his cell phone and it's since become the pic that comes up everytime he calls!)
We have had some really amazing talks on the phone and I wanted to post a couple pictures for you so you can see him .... I may do that later ... I have emailed him some pics and truth be told, for the first about 2.5 weeks that all this was taking place (I just realized it's been one month since I was first contacted!!!) I couldn't concentrate on ANYTHING else.  I was a mess really, but a happy mess.  I was forgetting things that seemed pretty elementary ... kind of crazy.  I guess "happy stress" manifests itself too.  So, all in all, very good.
We have talked a bit about "the meeting" (in person) but I am sensing that he is kind of hesitant about that -- and I guess in a way I am too.  I don't want to push him because I know this is pretty monumental and I don't want it to be too much. So I am waiting and I think in God's timing it will be perfect.  It seems, at this point, that it will be in the spring or summer even. He's told me he wants to fly Emma (she's the one in college in Montana) home too so that she can meet me as well. So really the meeting would be his whole family (which will be nuts, I know).
Speaking of the whole family, I have had contact of some kind now with pretty much every kid except the two oldest. The oldest boy (he's 25) is going through some stuff right now, and prob. just not really available to anyone ... and the oldest girl is not speaking to anyone.  My dad says's she's upset for a number of reasons, which I can completely understand. I hope she does come around though, I don't care really for a relationship with her if she doesn't accept me, but it would hurt my heart if she decides to cut off everyone else in the family too, just because of the situation.

I was able to talk on the phone this last Saturday with my one sister Elle ~ she is 19 and really almost a spitting image of me. It's kind of cool (but not surprising??) that the one sister that really resmbles me, is also really reaching out to me.  She's such a sweet girl, I think she really loves me (and I really love her, is that weird?), and we text back and forth quite often, I can hardly wait to meet her in person, everyone, here is Elle:


To give you a quick update on other stuff. I have taken this whole week off work (yess!) to attend a conference for church leaders up in Lake Forest at a little church called Saddleback ... you may have heard of it? Rick Warren (Author of the Purpose Driven Life) is the pastor and when I say "little" chuch, I am really being very tongue in cheek, because it's like a College Campus.  The conference is pretty huge (nothing like Break Forth, but people from literally, all over the world are there).  The church is LITERALLY a campus with multiple buildings and gardens and giant parking lots. I was a bit apprehensive about going to this "Mega Church" because if you know me, you know how I feel about big churches, but I have to admit, my personal ideologies are being challenged with that. Not that I'm going to turn around and find a 1000+ congregation to get involved in, I'm just glad that God is breaking down a bit of a wall there for me ... The first day was yesterday, there are general sessions in the morning and then I am attending the worship track stuff in the afternoon ... so far it's been AMAZING (yep, only through day one) I am taking notes like a mad woman because there is so much information overload really, I don't want to miss anything that God is trying to tell me ... I have been feeling kind of weary as of late (obvious reasons I guess) and I'm just really looking forward to resting and soaking in His presence this week, and maybe even getting a word or several =)  (I will blog about this later too)

I think that's all ~ I will leave the blog with that, and hopefully find some more time to journal on here this week about all that is happening =)

Till next blog!
Lots of LOVE!!
a.

Comments

Murray said…
Thanks for posting! That hat your Dad is wearing makes him look like a welder

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond