I am going through a song writing kick as of late ... just dealing with all the extra emotion (or taking advantage of I guess) that's going on in life.  Been writing alot ... thinking alot and praying alot. Been busy alot too (haha!) JC work is blowing up -- but the good news is its working out great for me (sort of ... just really in the kudos dept.)  I guess the weekend that I went to the conference, all the leadership team here went to Switzerland and got their butts kicked by the marketing guy, so they came back and we need to redesign pretty much ALL our program materials because they are grotesquely outdated, lol, so yours truly, literally got told "Just do whatever you like" with our menu redesign, and I did, and they liked it ... seriously wish I could get a raise for helping them all keep their jobs, haha ... but all is well.  So, work is busy.

Inbetween this I had gone to that conference in Saddleback ... the conference was really amazing ... it was very deep though, as things can be when you deal with God stuff, and all the life change and emotions/spirit stuff involved.  We literally had FOUR sermons BEFORE lunch (!seriously!) lol, lots of head-food ... God told me a couple things, one of which was just that I need to trust Him more. Sometimes (who am I kidding, alot of times!!) I'm not so great at doing that, mostly because I'm kind of a control freak. (lol) I just feel like I'm really good at getting stuff done ... but sometimes what HE wants is for us just to rest in Him. .. so he did tell me that.

I got a really good word from him at the end of one of our worship times ~ we had just finished singing this song called "How He Loves". (Highly recommend) anyways, I was just listening and this phrase came to mind: "I want you to feel the full weight of my deep love for you".  I thought that pretty amazing, and I told my mom about it and she thought it interesting too, cause she said that weight isn't comfortable (generally) which is so true!! So, I am meditating on that lately ...

Also I had this one fellow in one of my classes totally "prophesy" to me (like when God speaks through someone to you, and you know that you know, you can tell it's def. God) I know that could sound fruity, but it has happened to me like this once before. (If you know me, you know about this) so I recognized it ... he told me that I needed to be patient, have patience and wait, that it needs to be God's timing and not my own, because if it was, God wouldn't be given the glory -- he also said that there is reward i just need to persevere and wait on Him ... which was really cool, I think it can apply to so many things in my life, or maybe the patience is just the gift, like fruit of the spirit? I am thinking on that alot too ... I do feel "on fire" for my life in Christ again, and esp. our ministry with our church. It's like it re focused me (like re-calibrating something) which is always good ... it was hard to come back to work tho!! lol

Anyways, I'll leave you with some prose ~ some of the much that I am wading through lately.
Till Next Blog,
love a.



Lord, be my armor
stronger than night
the deep weight of your great love
holding me tight


Lord be my refuge
my cool whisper of day
when the burning of this life
tries to pull me away


Lord be my safety
when all feels so lost
The gentle arms I can run too
when I'm broken and tossed


Lord by my father
that never fails in His love
the hands that bled for me
the passion I sing of

Comments

Mommy Emily said…
this made me cry. i had a rough day today. needed all of this. i love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010