Change of Gears

where I am meant to be =)
So, today, I figured that I would go for a bike ride for NO REASON, except for the sheer pleasure of feeling the wind in my face. Literally, I don't think I've done something without having some alternative "get it done" type purpose, in a VERY long time!
I pulled out my littl rusty ruged beach cruiser and headed down Ocean Street (full of tourists on Spring Break) and then down to the sand of Tamarack Beach and rode as far as I could ... I just got back from my beach ride and it was FANTASTIC, and though today it has been a bit overcast and breezy, the clouds have been cooperating a bit and I was able to get out and just forget about some stuff and watch the waves roll in.

I ended up "pulling-in" (haha) to some rocks and just sat there, staring out at the upturned waters, and prayed for a bit and just took in the ocean.

It feels really good in my soul to just pray.

I know that we prob. should feel that way all the time, but I forget a lot, to just REST, PRAY and BE in His presence.  I did that this afternoon.

As I was riding home, I circled up around the back of the building and past the house in the lagoon.  They have weddings there pretty much every weekend and this was no exception.  In the midst of birds singing and the ocean waves I caught the notes of a band, playing acoustically that old Elvis song "Can't help falling in love with you".  and it felt like "one of these moments".  Where you just need to stop and be completely aware of everything. The sounds (waves, music, birds, the crunching of gravel and sand under my bike tires) the sights (newly springing daisies and dirt) and the air.

I need to rest in these moments.  And I am thankful for it today.

When I got home I entered our house to the smell of freshly baked bread (I cheat with a bread machine, but still, really it's amazing) and I really need to clean this desk, so I'll do that after I finish blogging, but It was such a good 40 mins of nothing -- I just needed to share =)

Till Next Blog!
Love, a.

Comments

Mommy Emily said…
oh amy, you have no idea how happy it makes me to read this. to know you rested. to know you grabbed that bike and rode and prayed. this is good. very good.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010