Blogging from a coffee shop

Random shot I guess, just got these tights and YES i wore them to work!! Take that Corporate America!!



So, I have officially become "that" person.   You know the one who sits in a table seat w/ their Vanilla Latte and types away at their MAC like it's going out of style listening to the Jazz eminatting from the coffee shop speakers and the din of the other cafe-goers, going about their evening.

Yep, I'm bloggin' in a coffee shop.

I had to meet some potential clients here tonight and brought my laptop for the most kamikazzi (and pretty unprofessional to be brutally honest) portfolio viewing in my life, haha, BUT I am so busy right now that it ceases to really bug me to care enough. If they don't like what they see, so be it! But it went well and instead of heading home I thought I would take the time to look like an artsy snob before I head home ;)

So, ofcourse work right now is INSANE.  A jumble of crazy deadline projects that are so very large and need my creative spark which needs constant refilling of massive proportions.  I am hanging in and just keep reminding myself that I am only one person and can only do so much.  My "Super" is pretty peeved because I am getting invited to all these meetings of "secret" natures (because all of the branding things that we are working on are so under the table right now, you can't let anyone in on them really, unless they need to assist).  It's a great time for me on one hand because I can finally shine and prove to my superiors what I can do, but it's also very stressful because the pace is break-neck and going a million miles a moment most times -- it can be hard to be creative under that kind of pressure.  But by the grace of God I am consistent, so I continue on.

The band is coming along great too -- but I am really looking forward to when the CD is finally done. It's so wierd to be in the place we are, so close to being done but so far away. Actually as I type Jay is at the studio with Cedrick recording the guitars for a new song that we are working on.   I continue to pray that we are able to do SOMETHING with this music we have.  Sometimes, often, I feel the pressure to succeed (though I don't even really know what that looks like) because of how much we ALL have invested in this ~ and how there really isn't very much else for many of us...

Jay in the studio w/ the guitars!!
In closing I had the most beautiful experience this morning. I had awoke at about a quarter after 6 a.m. and had just come from my morning ... (pee, for lack of a better word, that's what it was) and my phone rang -- my dear friend Laura.  I answered because usually when someone calls you that early in the morning, it's not good news. But today it was =)   Laura just shared that she had me on her heart all yesterday (I have shared with her my work situation and the struggles) and she just really had it on her heart to pray for me, for spiritual protection (putting on the armor of God), to guard my heart in this time because it's a spiritual battle.  it was prob. one of the nicest things anyone has done =) and it set my day to peace.
From our Anniversary on Sunset Cliffs =) Me and the MAN!

A good and VERY unsafe shot I took of Jay WHILE driving (yes, I know that's dumb) haha....
So, let's remember to pray for one another =)  I'll leave it at that ~ Love you all ~ till next blog ~
love, a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010