bitter sweet
Today is day three of fast and P09X ... my day started great - the work out was fairly easy and the fast devotion today was about Names ~ not the Names of God (tho I have a book study on the names of God which is super fascinating) but more about the names that we give ourselves, our parents give us, what they mean and what they do NOT mean to God.
Once we accept Jesus as our Saviour we have a new name, a new heritage and a new family. We are simply children of God, and our old identities, our old names do not matter. Thank God!! I would hate to be known as Amy the liar, Amy the thief, Amy the prideful, Amy the vain ... oh, that we would be called by HIS name instead, Children of the Living God, a Holy Priesthood, a Fragrant Offering...
Dear Lord,
Thank you ever so much for my new family, the father that will never leave me or forsake me. Thank you for your amazing love, that is so high, wide and deep that I cannot even begin to understand it fully, and thank you that I can't. Thank you for calling me into your arms as a child, for sheltering me with your right arm, for loving me. For I love in faith, I believe in Faith. I trust and know that you will take care of me, of us. Today. Everyday!
Love, your daughter.
-------------------------
I came into work feeling alright and was informed about 2 hours ago that my director (not supervisor, tho that would have been just as disturbing) as well as 3 other people that I work with (in my dept.) have been laid off. I am still processing all this information, and my heart just hurts. Not so much because I feel like it's unfair to them--tho I sort of do, but I know it's business and people get laid off all the time. But I feel hurt and angry about it because I really (really) feel like it's political and it makes me so angry that my company (which I am supposed to LOVE working for) would act this way. I don't even really know what else to make of the situation right now, except I still have my job, so that is good. I am praying for Exodus, and soon, and hopefully in the form of music. Speaking of which, OUR CD's CAME IN TODAY!!!! I can hardly wait to see them ... I'm so excited =) Jay says they look great and there are no skips so, that's a bonus, lol, so now the real work begins I guess ... that will be prayers in the future, and today =)
Till next blog ~ love, a.
Once we accept Jesus as our Saviour we have a new name, a new heritage and a new family. We are simply children of God, and our old identities, our old names do not matter. Thank God!! I would hate to be known as Amy the liar, Amy the thief, Amy the prideful, Amy the vain ... oh, that we would be called by HIS name instead, Children of the Living God, a Holy Priesthood, a Fragrant Offering...
Dear Lord,
Thank you ever so much for my new family, the father that will never leave me or forsake me. Thank you for your amazing love, that is so high, wide and deep that I cannot even begin to understand it fully, and thank you that I can't. Thank you for calling me into your arms as a child, for sheltering me with your right arm, for loving me. For I love in faith, I believe in Faith. I trust and know that you will take care of me, of us. Today. Everyday!
Love, your daughter.
-------------------------
I came into work feeling alright and was informed about 2 hours ago that my director (not supervisor, tho that would have been just as disturbing) as well as 3 other people that I work with (in my dept.) have been laid off. I am still processing all this information, and my heart just hurts. Not so much because I feel like it's unfair to them--tho I sort of do, but I know it's business and people get laid off all the time. But I feel hurt and angry about it because I really (really) feel like it's political and it makes me so angry that my company (which I am supposed to LOVE working for) would act this way. I don't even really know what else to make of the situation right now, except I still have my job, so that is good. I am praying for Exodus, and soon, and hopefully in the form of music. Speaking of which, OUR CD's CAME IN TODAY!!!! I can hardly wait to see them ... I'm so excited =) Jay says they look great and there are no skips so, that's a bonus, lol, so now the real work begins I guess ... that will be prayers in the future, and today =)
Till next blog ~ love, a.
Comments