Bring on day 8!

After a lovely and relaxing weekend (we even went to a friends house and made them a completely vegan salad for lunch after church) the work week always seems to start with a bang.

I can say first that my mood at work has been less than thrilling and today the CEO resigned, so gives you an idea of the general direction of all things here.  It was her own free will ofcourse, and I don't blame her for leaving really ... it has been VERY hard for me to be motivated here, to do anything creative. I am doing as much as I need too, but being a creative person, I just feel SO completely UNinspired by all that has been happening here and I'm not sure if the fast really has a whole lot to do with it, tho I imagine prob. a bit of warfare going on. It's been hard for me to feel happy here -- tho I know for sure that's not the goal ever, but contentment is, and that I do not have.

Today's reading was about Affliction (such a hard-core-sounding word, lol) and the reading was from Psalm 119: 
71 It was good for me to be afflicted
   so that I might learn your decrees.
How appropriate for me right now!! I need to start seeking God and I guess asking Him what I need to LEARN here, not just grumble and complain about how I am feeling and how this situation is sucking the creative will to live out of my bones ... 
75 I know, LORD, that your laws are righteous,
   and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me.
76 May your unfailing love be my comfort,
   according to your promise to your servant.
77 Let your compassion come to me that I may live,
   for your law is my delight.
Oh, how all we should long for is that we might live!! I have been trying to go the the Flower Fields each day at lunch and try to meditate on the verse for the day and pray, and on Friday I was sitting looking up into the fluffy clouds that roll off the ocean and make their way up the hill and I heard the phrase in my mind "I want you to see me, everywhere"  ... everywhere? I thought ~ it's easy to see you in nature and things that are pleasing, things that we love, but so much harder to see God in people we don't like, don't love, people who have hurt us.  It impressed upon my heart that I guess ~ all people, ALL people are made in the image of God. And maybe God is trying to tell me something about my situation that I fully don't know yet ~ yesterday a song came on my iPod by Michael W. Smith called "Everywhere I go, I see you", and I thought "I think God is trying to hit me on the head with this a bit?

I'm not fully sure. But I do know that this fast is good, and it is hard, and I have felt closer to God and also, more emotional and unstable, wanting to comfort myself with even something so simple as food, and I can't.  So, the Lord himself needs to be my comfort.  His unfailing Love ...


Dear Lord,
Today I struggled with comfort -- feeling uncomfortable at work and in my stomach.  I yearn for a touch from you.  Please as I meditate on your word and seek your face, do not hide your presence from me, sustain me in the ways that you can and continue to show me your truth. And also, help me to indeed SEE you in everything, and be blessed by that.
Thank you Jesus ~

Till Next Blog ~ love, a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond