Day 11 ~ Dry Bones

wow, it's hard to believe we are pretty much halfway on our fast! On one hand, I can't believe we've lasted this long (lol) and on the other hand, it feels a bit like we've lived this way for a long time!  My relationship with food has changed, I have searched my heart (or at other times been forced to face it in all it's selfishness) and have come out halfway ... here are some of the things I have been learning:

I've learned that I miss herbal tea the most ~ it was a comfort to me that I cannot have, but I've seemed to develop a desire for the word of God -- and scripture seems to be sticking to me too.  I'm not sure if it's because I never really read it right before, or if it's indeed because of our fast -- but I like it.

I've learned that I'm selfish beyond compare when it comes to food ~ we are so used to getting what we want, and the baseline is food ~ eating whatever, whenever we like ~ it is a selfish thing really, when you deprive yourself of this basic want, it is not only a physical, but a mental challenge!

I've learned it's a sacrifice, but a small one, and really a simple one that I can make for God ~ to get closer to him, to allow Him to be my "food". Sounds easy, lol

I've learned that if you ask, God really does speak to you, in the most beautifully simple ways. And He speaks to you through all sorts of things. A flying plane, a butterfly, the trees, and ofcourse, people.

Today our devotion was on "Dry Bones" the passage in Ezekiel where he is taken by the Spirit of God to the valley of Dry Bones and is asked to prophesy over them to become flesh, but there was still no true "life" in them. It takes the breath of the Living God to do this ~ and He does. So, my prayer today is for all the places in my life that feel like dry bones, (my work, Jay's work, even our music, our marriage) bones that need to be breathed on by the Spirit. Bones that only He can restore, and our God is a God of Restoration~ He can and does provide!

Breathe in Me, My Shallow Skin; Breathe and let you in, Breathe in Me, My Shallow Skin breeds all this sin, it's the same old story, but new-found Glory.  Only a touch from you can provide, and change this selfishness inside. Because we can run, but we cannot hide. Your love will find us, one way or tomorrows day and so I pray, Father, please stay with me.

Till Next Blog ~ love, a.

Comments

Murray said…
wow! What a good word