Day 14

2 weeks down! Just 1 to go!!! I feel like I don't even remember what it's like to eat anything but good fruits and veggies and soy products, lol.

Today's devotion was on Hebrews 12 :
 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us..."

And so I've been praying about the "races" that are set before us.  Our job situations (band, our day jobs, direction for both).  Our church worship leading, our lives here in SoCal.  There are so many races that we run every day!  But to "throw off" all that hinders (slows us down!) and the sin that so easily entangles ~ but to run with perseverance ( steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.) (that's from dictionary.com) ... that is a different kind of race =)  Can you imagine getting ready to run but you've got about 50 extra pounds clinging to your back that you've got to carry.  It's so much easier to get rid of that weight and run, than to run with it. Yet so often we just choose to keep hangin' onto our junk, because we're scared of what things might look like without it, it's our security (tho usually a stupid one), or our bad habit, or our secret obsession and we choose to run with it, as it drags us to  a halt and makes life SO much more difficult.

So, I ask myself, what am I holding onto that is making my race difficult?  What do I need to cast onto the saving grace of Jesus and then continue to run with perseverance, the race that is before me? I think some of my junk has to do with fear, control (or lack of), and insecurities which are unfounded ... I do not want them to hinder me anymore. I want to speak boldly --afterall we are NOT given the spirit of fear, (or one that is a slave to it) but one of Sonship =)

 Dear Lord ~ help me to have the courage to throw off all that easily entangles me, keeps me low, keeps me from seeking your word and your will and walking in it daily. And guide me by your spirit and by your word, so I can run!!! Amen

In two separate side notes ~ I am debating within my person on going to Minnesota in the middle of Aug. to meet my two sisters (of six) for a couple days ... Emma is driving out to visit with family and Ellen, and since they are the two girls I speak with in the family, I thought the opportunity was there (even tho I really want to see my dad, but that's sort of a mute point right now, lol sigh ... )  so I am praying about that but I'm actually really scared (haha, after writing a whole blog about not being scared) it's true tho ... I'd have to travel by myself into a definete emotional unknown so ... 

AND ~ I got the county contract renewed AGAIN for another year and a half (Praise the Lord!!) I actually didn't know if I'd get it this time round, because I'd given myself a raise and I hadn't heard, so I was preparing for a lot less work, and feeling more trapped here @ JC (we had another senior employee "resign" today) but now I feel as tho God is still blessing me in this way and keeping the door open =)

Till Next Blog! ~ love a. 

Comments

Murray said…
SwordSongs Volume 1 'Let Us Run'

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond