Last Day!!
well, we have *almost* made it through our 21 Day Journey!! Today is day 21 in the Daniel Fast, the last day. Jay and I went for a glorious run this morning along the beach (don't worry, I am still into my P90X, I'm in my "rest" week right now, so it's cardio and stretching for pretty much all 6 days ... so I am subbing some runs in, since afterall, we DO live in one of the most beautiful places on earth and I've realized that it means alot to Jay to be able to get up and do these things together.
The practical side of this fast first: It's been alot of work -- and I'm not talking about the spiritual side of things, but just practically, in the kitchen. I have cooked more in the last 21 days than I usually do in prob. 2 months, and NO going out to eat has been a part of that too, but the fact that you just make so much of what you eat from scratch, it's been labour intensive, lol ... and the dishes (ugh!) haha, but overall a good experience.
From a spiritual side of things, I think that I have learned some things about my character which have been hard ~ because you come face-to-face with your selfishness ... it's humbling, and eye-opening to realize how very gracious God really is.
I plan to take alot of the practical "eating" side of things further ... lots of veggies and whole grains and little meats and little extra sugars and other additives, I love the "living and eating clean" aspect of the fast and I want to continue that.
It's been a good journey -- and tho many prayers have been breathed, I am still waiting for answers to many of them, but most are pretty long-term type prayers, so I'm not even certain or sure what those answers will look like ... I look forward tho =)
Overall, it's good to break your flesh and I think that's what this process has been most for me ~ may I remain broken, so that I can allow Him to work in me all the more.
On a different note ~ work at JC has been pretty much dead for the last little bit, which is slightly worrisome for me, since it seems all the other peeps who got laid off, got their work-loads stripped first ... so I am remaining calm and keeping busy as I can, I'm not worried because I know that God will keep us (Jay and I) safe in this economic storm.
I am going to purchase my plane ticket today too for Minnesota (!!!) really worried/excited/scared/overjoyed about this ... please pray about that, for safety, travel mercies and just joy, that I would be able to bond with my sisters well, that it will be a special, amazing experience.
And things with the album are steady, after our release last week we have had some CD sales and sales on iTunes, tho I don't even know when we'll get the $$ for that, really that's not what it's about anyways, and I have been praying fervently for a booking agent/management/assistance in that area for our band, so looking forward to seeing who God will bring into our paths next.
And other than that, just looking forward to some family visits coming up next week -- Jay's uncle from New York will be coming to San Diego with his wife, and also Jay's parents after that for a week, so it will be great to catch up with them =) I miss them!!
Till Next Blog!
love, a.
The practical side of this fast first: It's been alot of work -- and I'm not talking about the spiritual side of things, but just practically, in the kitchen. I have cooked more in the last 21 days than I usually do in prob. 2 months, and NO going out to eat has been a part of that too, but the fact that you just make so much of what you eat from scratch, it's been labour intensive, lol ... and the dishes (ugh!) haha, but overall a good experience.
From a spiritual side of things, I think that I have learned some things about my character which have been hard ~ because you come face-to-face with your selfishness ... it's humbling, and eye-opening to realize how very gracious God really is.
I plan to take alot of the practical "eating" side of things further ... lots of veggies and whole grains and little meats and little extra sugars and other additives, I love the "living and eating clean" aspect of the fast and I want to continue that.
It's been a good journey -- and tho many prayers have been breathed, I am still waiting for answers to many of them, but most are pretty long-term type prayers, so I'm not even certain or sure what those answers will look like ... I look forward tho =)
Overall, it's good to break your flesh and I think that's what this process has been most for me ~ may I remain broken, so that I can allow Him to work in me all the more.
Dear Lord ~ thank you for this experience, this goodness, this brokenness and struggle against my selfishness that I feel. Thank you because it brings me closer to you. May I remain broken to myself so that you can make me whole, and form me as the potter forms the clay, that this earthen vessel would hold nothing but your holy spirit and goodness and fruits of the spirit, peace, patience, gentleness, humility and your truth. ~ Amen
On a different note ~ work at JC has been pretty much dead for the last little bit, which is slightly worrisome for me, since it seems all the other peeps who got laid off, got their work-loads stripped first ... so I am remaining calm and keeping busy as I can, I'm not worried because I know that God will keep us (Jay and I) safe in this economic storm.
I am going to purchase my plane ticket today too for Minnesota (!!!) really worried/excited/scared/overjoyed about this ... please pray about that, for safety, travel mercies and just joy, that I would be able to bond with my sisters well, that it will be a special, amazing experience.
And things with the album are steady, after our release last week we have had some CD sales and sales on iTunes, tho I don't even know when we'll get the $$ for that, really that's not what it's about anyways, and I have been praying fervently for a booking agent/management/assistance in that area for our band, so looking forward to seeing who God will bring into our paths next.
And other than that, just looking forward to some family visits coming up next week -- Jay's uncle from New York will be coming to San Diego with his wife, and also Jay's parents after that for a week, so it will be great to catch up with them =) I miss them!!
Till Next Blog!
love, a.
Comments